Jump to content

Coiltek Goldhawk Searchcoils Coming Soon For The Minelab GPX 6000!


Recommended Posts


Interesting, I need to get out soon to use my 11'' , 14'' and 17''more before I can decide see what other coils I may need or want. I wonder if they will be camo colored?

Edited by MSC
forgot to add the 17'' coil for the 6000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure how far off they are.  The trademark was only just filed for the name.

Goldhawk2.thumb.jpg.d2109080b5fb7c2df6dfc1a94025647d.jpg

GoldHawk.thumb.jpg.90d6b34f77abf697e05ee3cc433bd5c6.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Nugget Finder is going to be approved to make coils for the 6000 yet? I know alot of people who have had repeated problems with coiltek coils, and the one Coiltek coil I bought for the 705, gave up the ghost just after a year and kept reading an error when put onto the 705. Once bitten twice shy, especially when I am hearing the stories of so many others with defective coils from Coiltek. Depending on what sizes come out, I might give them another chance, but a coil from NF is what I am waiting for for the 6000.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Guys,

   I had a feeling these were coming soon, will be great to see some new sizes for the Minelab GPX 6000 metal detector.  Feel free to contact me to get on the pre-order list for these coils, sizes will be mentioned soon enough.  

602-909-9008 text or cell
623-362-1459 Office Line
email - rob@robsdetectors.com 

GoldHawk1.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice! Please post back here as soon as you hear about sizes and price, definitely interested to try one out.

Also, is there an availability date yet?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to Coiltek Goldhawk Searchcoils Coming Soon For The Minelab GPX 6000!
On 3/31/2022 at 4:09 AM, Goldseeker5000 said:

Does anyone know if Nugget Finder is going to be approved to make coils for the 6000 yet? I know alot of people who have had repeated problems with coiltek coils, and the one Coiltek coil I bought for the 705, gave up the ghost just after a year and kept reading an error when put onto the 705. Once bitten twice shy, especially when I am hearing the stories of so many others with defective coils from Coiltek. Depending on what sizes come out, I might give them another chance, but a coil from NF is what I am waiting for for the 6000.

A zillion owners of the 6x10 coil for Equinox says otherwise. Yes, Coiltek has made some turkeys, like just about everyone. Might do so with the 6000 also I suppose, but I’d wait and see personally. Just don’t be first in line if you have any doubts.

Nugget Finder has been very slow with new coils as of late. Just one for GPZ, and not one anyone was screaming for in my opinion. Not a peep so far as 6000 goes.

If Coiltek makes a small coil for the 6000 I’ll be first in line. If it’s just variations of sizes I already have, not so much. The 11” and 17” cover 90% of my needs already. I just need a tight nook and cranny coil. Anything else, and I’ll probably pass. Though I would give a 9x14 a hard look I suppose.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2022 at 10:09 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

Does anyone know if Nugget Finder is going to be approved to make coils for the 6000 yet? I know alot of people who have had repeated problems with coiltek coils, and the one Coiltek coil I bought for the 705, gave up the ghost just after a year and kept reading an error when put onto the 705. Once bitten twice shy, especially when I am hearing the stories of so many others with defective coils from Coiltek. Depending on what sizes come out, I might give them another chance, but a coil from NF is what I am waiting for for the 6000.

My understanding is that ML is giving both Coiltek and NF alternate opportunities on each new model for providing both coil parameters and coded chips for inclusion in them. Coiltek got the rights to the SDC, NF got the rights to the GPZ, Coiltek now has the rights to the X6 and I suspect that NF will have the rights to the new updated GPZ next year as well. NF are having issues with performance on their prototypes I hear and Rohan wants actual benefits to end users with the coils, not just options for sizes.....good on him for sticking to his guns. Im sure he'll provide something amazing when he has it down-pat. So, no....NF wont be making coils for the X6....thats all Coiltek for now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A zillion owners of the 6x10 coil for Equinox says otherwise. Yes, Coiltek has made some turkeys, like just about everyone. Might do so with the 6000 also I suppose, but I’d wait and see personally. Just don’t be first in line if you have any doubts.

Nugget Finder has been very slow with new coils as of late. Just one for GPZ, and not one anyone was screaming for in my opinion. Not a peep so far as 6000 goes.

If Coiltek makes a small coil for the 6000 I’ll be first in line. If it’s just variations of sizes I already have, not so much. The 11” and 17” cover 90% of my needs already. I just need a tight nook and cranny coil. Anything else, and I’ll probably pass. Though I would give a 9x14 a hard look I suppose.

Yes Ive had two 9" Elites both do the same thing now....cable sensitivity at the lower end. They degrade to the point of being unusable and being thrown away. But Ive had other Coiltek coils that have lasted for decades! I had a Joey mono that got used on 4 different GP and GPX's....had it since 2001.

My pick for the X6 is yes... a smaller coil (elliptical) which should be a stacked mono so that the benefit of flat winding is still a majority. Flat ('spiral) windings are impossible in a small coil without stacking and Id love a bigger CC coil too. If Coiltek were marketing-savvy, they'd use Blue camo to match the blue X6 color. We will see....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

My understanding is that ML is giving both Coiltek and NF alternate opportunities on each new model for providing both coil parameters and coded chips for inclusion in them. Coiltek got the rights to the SDC, NF got the rights to the GPZ, Coiltek now has the rights to the X6 and I suspect that NF will have the rights to the new updated GPZ next year as well. NF are having issues with performance on their prototypes I hear and Rohan wants actual benefits to end users with the coils, not just options for sizes.....good on him for sticking to his guns. Im sure he'll provide something amazing when he has it down-pat. So, no....NF wont be making coils for the X6....thats all Coiltek for now.

New GPZ next year? If true, I wonder what month????

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...