Coiltek Goldhawk Searchcoils Coming Soon For The Minelab GPX 6000!

Swegin

size #7.5 bird shot is the cheapest, most commonly used shot.
 i don't think it was purposely done by minelab, but maybe some kind of happy accident that the stock 6k 11 inch coil seems to have a harder
time hearing them (unless flattened out) in the ground. or air testing them.
i never thought i would say it. but i don't need more sensitivity with the 6k.
5x10 might be nice though for poking in cracks and shrubs.

• Like 1

Just spoke to local Adelaide Coiltek supplier and he has no pricing , weight or release date  details yet.  I'm on the list and will get a call as soon as they have some information.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orgone500 said:

Just saw this add pop up on Facebook. There's a 10X5. Nice...

I bet the 10x5 will have the biggest demand. What a bomb this will be.

GC

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WesD said:

Yep, looks like a lot of 2300s are about to retire.

Not for me. The SDC can handle dificult terrain including hot rocks exceedingly well. With all my enthusiasm for the 6k it is kind of sensitive to hotrocks, more so than the SDC (IMHO). There are also other reasons, i.e. foldability. 

GC

5 hours ago, Bishop said:

size #7.5 bird shot is the cheapest, most commonly used shot.
 i don't think it was purposely done by minelab, but maybe some kind of happy accident that the stock 6k 11 inch coil seems to have a harder
time hearing them (unless flattened out) in the ground. or air testing them.
i never thought i would say it. but i don't need more sensitivity with the 6k.
5x10 might be nice though for poking in cracks and shrubs.

And the 14” can pick up #5 shot several inches under ground, never mind my swinging arm and shoulder, it’s now my knees that won’t stand for it! 😉

Looks like Nugget Finder will have a coil for the 6000 as well. Only information at the moment is the attached picture. Wonder if it will be a Minelab approved accessory?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VicR said:

Looks like Nugget Finder will have a coil for the 6000 as well. Only information at the moment is the attached picture. Wonder if it will be a Minelab approved accessory?

Yes, ML are supplying Rohan and Co with the code-lock chips too now, a break from previous policy. Looks like the 1st Xceed coil will be a Sadie. Hopefully an ellip smaller DD will be next.

11 hours ago, VicR said:

Just received Coiltek email.

"Want to unearth more gold with your Minelab GPX 6000? The wait is almost over!

Three new sizes will be available - 10x5", 14x9" and 9" and your local authorised Coiltek dealer is now accepting pre-orders so get in quick to avoid delays!

Stay tuned for more information on when these super-sensitive and highly anticipated coils will be available. "

So looks like you can pre-order them in Australia.

Wonder why they stuck with white for these coils? - is there a technical reason? Less heat build up inside the coil?

Vic, I havent seen any pics of the coils yet....how do you know they are white? Did Ian tell you? As I said a few months ago, one of the coils is a 9" Elite version and the 14x9 is a logical step (same as the 14x9E) in the same lineup. But, the 10x5 Joey size is an interesting surprise! Hopefully they have learnt from the ML coil design on keeping them lightweight. And, no....there's no reason for a white color for heat dissipation, any color other than black will function equally as good.

With regards Coiltek 6000 coils being white - just going on their picture below.

• Like 3