D2 Coil Questions

I've been hearing about the D2 coils having a considerably shorter run time per charge than the remote and headhones, depending on the programs used, in some cases only lasting 4 hours or so. If that is the case, will the XP Emergency Charger work on the D2 coils and can you still detect while charging the coil (in a dry environment only, of course)?

XP Emergency Charger

3 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I've been hearing about the D2 coils having a considerably shorter run time per charge than the remote and headhones, depending on the programs used, in some cases only lasting 4 hours or so. If that is the case, will the XP Emergency Charger work on the D2 coils and can you still detect while charging the coil (in a dry environment only, of course)?

XP Emergency Charger

If someone has only 4 hour run time on their coil, no matter what program or phones used, it is either a bad coil or has not been charged properly.

• Like 1

Hunted 7 hours last Saturday with Sensitive FT and Fast programs. I still had about half charge on the 9 inch coil. I think the people complaining about coil charge time are just not getting the coil charger connected good. That is one of the weak points for the Deus platform. I've never used the emergency charger. The info says 20min charge equals 2 hour of battery life. Even if it didn't charge on the fly, it wouldn't take long to get a couple more hours.

• Like 3

4 hours coil autonomy is not normal , it is rather around 7 or 8 hours , look at the D2 manual :

Capture_batterie_d2.png

• Like 2

My 9" coil was down to 1 bar yesterday after about 8 hours. I attributed it to using Deep HC, I can't imagine the engineers let headphone or pinpointer use affect the coil charge. It's stating the obvious, but I imagine some of the programs are going to cut coil life, especially the programs that have "Deep", "Fast", or "Sensitive" in the name.

I'm not at all thrilled with the coil charging clip, noticed first thing it is easy to mess up at best. 😵 I also find the use of one of the older USB type of connectors strange. That usually means you can't charge on the fly, incorporating fast charging and power delivery would have been the best route. Guess we will look forward to the Deus 3! 😀 For now I'm cool with it, but now I want to try charging it somehow while running. The clip is going to be the hard part.

That emergency charger looks like it will work.

• Like 1

Tested the 9" coil charging "live" with a small light battery and it works. Shows as charging on the remote. Drawback is of course the clip which extends past the coil cover. I think I'm going to get another charging clip, cut out the charging part and zip tie it to the coil. Maybe it's been discussed before... 🤔20220402_101211.thumb.jpg.c26fc54a714a27a38e56c938fdee42de.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. 4 hour run time didn't sound right to me but I have to investigate all aspects of a major purchase. And thank you Bob for testing the live charge trick. It's good to know there is a fail safe design. 😎👍 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Tested the 9" coil charging "live" with a small light battery and it works. Shows as charging on the remote. Drawback is of course the clip which extends past the coil cover. I think I'm going to get another charging clip, cut out the charging part and zip tie it to the coil. Maybe it's been discussed before... 🤔20220402_101211.thumb.jpg.c26fc54a714a27a38e56c938fdee42de.jpg

I saw a mod for a magnetic charger clip similar to the NOX here, but he upset the moderator and him and his post have been removed 😥. There is a glue on charger on fle bay.

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

I saw a mod for a magnetic charger clip similar to the NOX here, but he upset the moderator and him and his post have been removed 😥. There is a glue on charger on fle bay.

I saw those. Not too keen on the printed one, but may go for it. The 3M sticky one is awesome, but it's coming from Ukraine... 😵 Might cut that piece out of the butterfly, and use some 3M tape myself 😁 I like "rural engineering".

• Like 2