On 4/3/2022 at 9:50 PM, Jack and dog said:

that little lazy dog has since passed :sad: his name was Teddy ' he was 17 & a half  &  truly loved .

I would give all the gold I've even found to have him back again .  

As grandfather told me, nothing says I love you better than a good dog.

He had one that loved everyone and was loved by all that knew him.

• Like 2

Around that same time a friend took a Jackwinder out to a very remote area where he knew there was lots of  porous gold that detectors had trouble seeing .

He got 2  ounces from this hole with the winder   😋

Jack

1508670716_two_ounce_hole.jpg

1508671765_two_ounce_vile.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BobC said:

I can see you turn it by hand, but do not quite understand how it separates gold, a drywasher I've used and understand

It turns the dry dirt into a liquid momentarily thus letting gold sink deep to the rear , the lights  ( around 95% ) fall out through a door .

Then another 25lb bucket is processed every 2 & a half minutes , even after many buckets are put through it will still only have a third of a pan left of concentrates .

It's not like a dry-washer '' you sample first then run only best cherrypicked rich dirt through 😊

Easy to use with little dust ' no noise or breakdowns .

These guys would have loved one  :tongue:

1615342502_hall_nqp_i_run0239_nqid1201_med (2).jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BobC said:

Okay, a little more understood. What if you added a spiral, like a gold wheel, then your heavy's would travel up with less chance of any loss

I like the way it works now ' it's fast , easy to use all day & very efficient  😄

1598871940_img_20200831_205113.jpg

• Like 1

There used to be a guy named Wet/Dry Washer that posted to forums about 10 years back who built a similar type device. I was skeptical of it, but invited him onto one of my claims and he used it with a fair degree of success on the picker size gold and up, but it did get some smaller stuff too. His was much simpler, from my recall it was just basically a plastic tub from Walmart, a bit of steel angle, and some various Harbor Freight parts like roller bearings, etc. It was a lot lighter and easier to set up than a drywasher, he was in his 70's and hiked it around. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jasong said:

There used to be a guy named Wet/Dry Washer that posted to forums about 10 years back who built a similar type device. I was skeptical of it, but invited him onto one of my claims and he used it with a fair degree of success on the picker size gold and up, but it did get some smaller stuff too. His was much simpler, from my recall it was just basically a plastic tub from Walmart, a bit of steel angle, and some various Harbor Freight parts like roller bearings, etc. It was a lot lighter and easier to set up than a drywasher, he was in his 70's and hiked it around. 

Hi ,

Do you remember what the shape was ?    I'm curious   🧐

Cheers

Jack