Hit The Dirt For The First Time Today, Still Idiot Proof

Skate

Funny, gold is the first thing I found, still haven't got a coin with the D2. 😀 You're right though, it's all about the tones and digging a lot to train yourself. Great post! 👍 (Would be better with pics 😁)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Skate said:

This place has seen a ton of beer related parties over the past 60 years so there is a ton of beaver tails, pop tops and can slaw in the ground amongst the coins and you could still separate easily.

The Deus 1 and now the Deus 2 have the reputation of good unmasking in iron littered sites.  I don't think the Deus 1 was known for particularly (compared to competition) standout separation in aluminum trash.  This could be an unexpected bonus....

• Like 2

I found that if I got a tone in amongst others I could slowly begin to rotate around it and there was a sweet spot where all that came through the headphones was the desired tone. I dug several coins that had foil/aluminum and iron(rusty nail) in the hole. You just have to be patient and investigate the target just a little longer rather than dismiss it as junk and move on. 

In 4 tones the mid tone on a nickel is about the sweetest sound I've ever heard out of a detector, my ears just seem to attach to it like your kids voice does when they are in a crowd. It was uncanny. 

I say it's idiot proof because to me it's everything I could want in a detector. I like my Nox but this is better but how much better is up to me which is why I like it so much. It has no limits for what and how I detect except for holding my beer. 

• Like 6

@Skate Didn't see which size coil you've been using....  Please remind us.  Tks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

@Skate Didn't see which size coil you've been using....  Please remind us.  Tks.

9" coil

• Like 3

Glad that you are enjoying the D2, I feel the same way and fell in love with the D 2 right away. I've never had a machine that I could run so hot, sensitivity up and reactivity down, my silver count is way up. I still have the D1 that you sold me a few years ago. Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 4

These are two winners from yesterdays hunt. The 1927 Buffalo nickel and what I believe to be an old chinese coin. The chinese coin is in rough shape but I have found others like it here as the chinese used to work on the oil fields in the area. It is unique though to find one on a Spanish rancho. If I was on Oak Island I would get a bobby dazzler for it. 

IMG_1032.thumb.jpeg.4fe4e62909f09004cd76af3b88638cb9.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

• Like 6