8 minutes ago, midalake said:

I applaud you for getting something [because you have to]  But no thanks on the twist locks for Salt Beach hunting. HH 

They are not what you think. Seems you are always quick to judge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

They are not what you think. Seems you are always quick to judge.

Those are not twist locks???? Then it is something like the original "Doc's CF Rod"  Like a compression fitting with o-ring?  I will pass on that too. 

Looks like twist locks to me..... https://goldenmaskdetectors.com/accessory-details.php?id=9&lang=en

The company also states no coils over 1.65 pounds. I have never seen a weight rating on a rod. With the force of water hunting I am skeptical this will stand up? 

• Like 1

Awesome looking rig there, Carolina! 👍👍 You get two thumbs up. 😀 I especially like the camo tape on the handle.

Did it make it even lighter? 🤔

14 hours ago, midalake said:

Those are not twist locks???? Then it is something like the original "Doc's CF Rod"  Like a compression fitting with o-ring?  I will pass on that too. 

Looks like twist locks to me..... https://goldenmaskdetectors.com/accessory-details.php?id=9&lang=en

The company also states no coils over 1.65 pounds. I have never seen a weight rating on a rod. With the force of water hunting I am skeptical this will stand up? 

Yes they do look very similar but are not the same for several reasons. Yours clearly state there is no control box mount. My picture clearly shows the RC mounted on handle. It seems you are skeptical of most everything, especially those things you don’t even possess 🤣. You also jump to conclusions. No where have I said this is for water use. I have a Deus shaft set up for water which I am quite satisfied with. Those who know me, know I buy two of everything. I have another RC on the way and I have been told that late October the 9” coils will be available as a single unit. That will be my primary water coil. Until then I will make do switching the coil. This shaft is quite rugged and well built. It will serve me nicely I believe. Should it fail in any manner I will post. As I stated before I buy in pairs. I own two AQ’s, two Tarsacci’s, two CTX’s, two swords, two blue Excals, two green Excals, two VALLONS, and a host of others. The only machine I have only one of is the Equinox. My good senses told me the poor build quality and poor water performance, should limit me to one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Awesome looking rig there, Carolina! 👍👍 You get two thumbs up. 😀 I especially like the camo tape on the handle.

Did it make it even lighter? 🤔

Quite honestly it came that way and it is the only thing I am not happy with. The close up is to show the differences between the cuff and stand. I have already sent a letter to the manufacturer with my thoughts of the camo handle. The prototype shown has a black handle. Some bat wrap on the way should fix this issue. Thanks for your compliments and humor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Quite honestly it came that way and it is the only thing I am not happy with. The close up is to show the differences between the cuff and stand. I have already sent a letter to the manufacturer with my thoughts of the camo handle. The prototype shown has a black handle. Some bat wrap on the way should fix this issue. Thanks for your compliments and humor.

I think Chase has a shaft similar to that for his "other detector", he loves its ability to get short. Useful, and I've never heard him complain about twist locks.

I like camo, so that's why I called it out. 🙂 Wore it for a long time, now I'm retired it's comfortable again. No worries you got a fan here. 👍 I'd offer to trade but I'm kinda liking the original "s" shaft, may wrap it with ACU... 🤣 Anyway that's a nice looking rig.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carolina, Did you say stand alone coils for Deus 2 won’t be available until late October?  I ordered a 9” in January and last update from my dealer stated they’re not certain but expect a few to come with their next batch of detectors. October would be 10 month wait if that’s correct. I’m doing well with the 11” but really want the 9”.