Any News On Fisher Waterproof AQ

3 hours ago, stateguy said:

Will there ever be a waterproof version of the AQ
are they still selling the limited AQ

what up with this company are they saying anything 

The limited version is waterproof. As far as another water machine appearing, that is anybody’s guess. A gold machine would be my guess in the future. Only Alexandre Tartar knows for sure.

• Like 2

They are still selling the Limited production models. No more than 100 were to be made, but seems they are still for sale. If they could not sell 100 of them, it might not bode well for an updated version, which was supposed to come out last year. The best that can be said right now is that there has been no official word that they are not going to sell an updated version. At this rate I’m just hoping maybe before the end of the year? It’s anyones guess really, and I don’t think even Alexandre knows for sure. The only guy that might would be Tom Walsh, CEO of FT, and he can change his mind any time he wants about anything, for any reason.

Their window of opportunity is closing, as other options appear on the horizon.

• Like 3

stateguy, 

If you need one, Gigmaster is selling his on FB:

Got a Fisher Impulse for sale! 2 batteries included looking for a good offer! Email me at gigmaster2718@gmail.com! Used about 6 times. Excellent working condition! Located in Va Beach area of Virginia!

5 hours ago, stateguy said:

Called fisher today

they told me there no AQ limited for sale

Only Alexandre knows the fate of the AQ. Tom Walsh is CEO but the ball is in Alexandre’s court. 

8 hours ago, Carolina said:

Only Alexandre knows the fate of the AQ. Tom Walsh is CEO but the ball is in Alexandre’s court. 

There's not much Alexandre can do besides try to sell the idea to detector companies. My gut feeling is that FT is done with the AQ. Innovation doesn't seem to be their thing. We haven't seen anything new from FT since they got into selling detectors except for a re-packaging of what already existed.

Alexandre (and I) has done all he can do for the AQ/Limited. I am told it will go back into limited production pretty soon, the current delay is with the re-vamped lower rod clevis. Things move very slowly here. We are both working on new PI developments with a continued emphasis on how slowly things move.

• Like 2

Looks like Nokta might beat them to the party anyway.  As good as the Impulse AQ and Impulse Gold maybe, if the competition is first to the post they'll sell the most taking the shine completely off the Impulse releases and make it an even further disaster of a release.