Any News On Fisher Waterproof AQ

I think I'd like to own an Impulse Gold, there are a few things that matter to me though one of which is coils, it would need a good range of coils seeing it's not likely to be a GPX coil detector with both smaller and larger sizes.  It'd need to have no protection from aftermarket coils being made for it as of course I'd be begging X-coils to make coils for it so it would be a well traveled detector, from USA to NZ to Kazakhstan and back to NZ 😛

If it ends up just a better build quality QED and handles EMI well also I'd be interested enough to see it viable for me.  I was never unhappy with the QED's performance, yes it's no GPZ or GPX but it does a decent job in the areas it excels.

It makes sense for First Texas to focus on the gold detector over the beach, yes the beach people won't like that but how big is that market, and how many of those that wanted one have one of the beta versions already and if 40 more of the beach versions are coming that'd satisfy the demand I would think.  It's a shame for them the final product may not come to be but it was always going to be a very niche market small sales volume model.

The Gold version should be able to be used as a relic detector too so captures a good market size and if its anything like my QED it was great on the beach, beaches my Nox struggled on with black sand the QED worked well and gave good depth, just gotta keep the price realistic for what people are getting and it should be a good seller.  The QED had mode 11 to turn off it's ground balance, for me on the Impulse Gold this would be essential, the difference in performance between ground balanced modes and GB Off (on QED called beach mode) was huge, so much deeper and in my soils I could use it like that fine as long as there were not too many hot rocks around.

So essentially, it should be a general purpose PI, the more it can be used for the more appealing it will be to the market.

First Texas need to keep in mind a Nokta is coming in the future, so the quicker it comes to market the better, they've got a big head start over Nokta.

16 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I've been slacking, I need to get back on this project. Got into a after burner project for the excalibur to spank the D2, it's sucked up all my bench time.

AQ FP.jpg

20210718_021131.jpg

Spank the D2 🙈 Good one Joe. I see you and Mike went out. What did he bring?

• Like 1

I can't speak to what coils might be available. The only ones mentioned so far are the 8" (stock, I assume) and a 12", both solid disc style. There is nothing to prevent aftermarket coils but they are difficult to make and with a much smaller market share we'll see if anyone jumps in. But right now we need to finish the design and then see if FTP can manufacture it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Spank the D2 🙈 Good one Joe. I see you and Mike went out. What did he bring?

Mike has been the AQ every hunt. I've only had the AQ out once this year. 

Pictured ... Last hunt out with the boys, Mike and Joe.. Mike and I had the AQ's and Joe had the CZ20 

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

...and the list just keeps getting longer.  😉 jk

Looking good.  Don't let "spanking" that pesky D2 detract you from more important work, Joe.    

Thanks CS, I'm going to end up getting one of those D2's .. the excalibur with the juiced coil does great on the wetsand but in saltwater.. overloads. Been a fun project.. 

SNAG-0001.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Mike has been the AQ every hunt. I've only had the AQ out once this year. 

Pictured ... Last hunt out with the boys, Mike and Joe.. Mike and I had the AQ's and Joe had the CZ20 

Thanks CS, I'm going to end up getting one of those D2's .. the excalibur with the juiced coil does great on the wetsand but in saltwater.. overloads. Been a fun project.. 

SNAG-0001.jpg

So what coil are you talking ? You know I got them all from 18” down to 6” lol.

i suspect I’ll be dead and gone by the time you buy a Deus. Probably be a 
deus lll 🤣. Nobody gunna pry that Excal out your hands!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

So what coil are you talking ? You know I got them all from 18” down to 6” lol.

i suspect I’ll be dead and gone by the time you buy a Deus. Probably be a 
deus lll 🤣. Nobody gunna pry that Excal out your hands!!!

I'm not sure if you have this setup, its a S-Amplifier for the coil which is 10 inch... Has a separate li-ion 12.6 volt battery for power. I get all done I'll post it up. It hits a few inches deeper than the D2, but the D2 has the 9 inch coil. Once it hits the salt water it goes nuts. Hits silver deeper than the "AQ" but not gold. "AQ"  is HOT on gold. 

And hope your around a long time buddy, for it maybe a D3.. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bklein said:

I’m anxious to hear more about the Excal mods!  What is an S-amp? Are you boosting the TX or RX? Is there more detail on another site or best to stay here?

TX, I'll post more once I get all finished, in the Minelab section. I would recommend getting a D2 before going this route. And this is not my handy work, a gifted young man several years ago. I'm setting it up for the excalibur and in the water hunting. 

5.jpg

15 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I'm not sure if you have this setup, its a S-Amplifier for the coil which is 10 inch... Has a separate li-ion 12.6 volt battery for power. I get all done I'll post it up. It hits a few inches deeper than the D2, but the D2 has the 9 inch coil. Once it hits the salt water it goes nuts. Hits silver deeper than the "AQ" but not gold. "AQ"  is HOT on gold. 

And hope your around a long time buddy, for it maybe a D3.. 

No I don’t. Never had much luck with rigs like this. Hope it works out for you.

i do not want to dig any deeper than the D2 or my AQ 🤣. Their killin me now!

Gold hard to come by right now down here. Seems it’s every other spin I get one. Apple watches are showing up quite often but most are locked. Lots of looters swinging the NOX down here that I don’t even know. Their replenishing the biggest part of the Bay beaches so that sux. Take care and hope to see you soon.

• Like 2