Any News On Fisher Waterproof AQ

On 7/21/2022 at 2:06 PM, phrunt said:

The problem is the detector needs to be financially viable, you don't keep throwing money at something that isn't going to sell well.  I'm certain they could fix all of the problems and bring a great detector to market, but First Texas must be concerned if they will sell enough to even cover costs.  Do they keep throwing money at it hoping it will succeed or do they abandon the project and cut their losses?  The Impulse Gold can still come out in the future as a side effect of the design and in many ways should have been the focus from the start.  A much larger customer base and an easier detector to manufacture not needing any waterproofing at all. 

I think they did it the wrong way around, if the Impulse Gold came out and was successful it'd be easier to release the AQ later on and justify its higher price being waterproof.

When the AQ beta came out and Rick was flogging it off it was said to be at a heavily discounted price as much as half price as it was a special version prior to the official release but with full functionality.    You were privileged to be able to buy one and even then they struggled to sell, doesn't bode well for official final product sales figures, especially after the fiasco and the higher price the final product would be listed to sell for.

I came so close to buying one but Rick and I decided that it'd end up too difficult to repair it if it failed and he wasn't confident I wouldn't have any issues so he did the right thing by me, it wasn't just about making a buck.

I hope that if Fisher does dump out on the machine, that they release Alexandre from any contract that he has with them. I'm pretty sure he could make a better home made version and sell them directly.  The machine has a lot of potential, and I believe if it had just been a bit more durable, it would have sold better. That and the fact that they limited it to the US, is what made it DOA from the start.  I'm surprised that someone who is technically capable didn't just design their own case and transfer the electronics into it.  I wish we had a stateside person that could do that. I would jump all over it..... first with the GPX though 😄

• Like 1

If Alexandre is released from the contract, he should first take his design to the other companies and see if they are interested.

Nokta would have smashed home a great version of it in short order.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, phrunt said:

Nokta would have smashed home a great version of it in short order.

Then why have they not done so ?

7 hours ago, Carolina said:

Then why have they not done so ?

He didn't join up with them to make it?

• Like 1

If another company were to take over the AQ design, I think Nokta would be my choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

He didn't join up with them to make it?

They have been working on theirs for two years now. And testing on the new AQ is going on now here in the US.

20 hours ago, Tony said:

To Fisher engineers……please put the brain in a good body 👍

Relatively the same body with exceptions of an extra Souriau connector in back for headphones.

This is interesting, I'm not sure where this came from but for sure a AQ board. Any thought's?

Looks like one of the PCB's from a machine used by Alexandre or LE Jag, (Denis)

295458686_1731061993918792_1705728577680174987_n.jpg