XP Deus II Black Versus Red Plug

slider66

I am trying to get a good answer on what waterproof plug to use on the Deus II. I have used the Excalibur II for years and now have the Deus II. The Excal can go from dry to wet sand to water and back. The manual for the Deus II states that the black plug is used for terrain and can be submerged to 1 meter When you use the Deus II for diving you use the red plug. My question is the black plug enough at 1 meter not to flood,? Do I have to use the red plug each time I take it into the water. I hunt in the water up to my neck and also do wet sand here in Florida. I want to get a good answer before I submerge it for the first time with the black plug only to find out I should have used the red. Any advice from anyone who has submerged the detector and works the beach like I do would be greatly appreciated. Best regards. Happy Hunting

• Like 1

Just remember to replace the red plug when you are on land, but use the red plug. The black plug allows pressure to equalize inside the remote, your screen could get the "bends". 🙂