Deus II Going To Gain Depth In Fl "soil"?

I have an Equinox 800 with 4 coils. I am able to pull a silver dime from 16" with the 15" coil when the soil is moist. The 5x10 is excellent at separation, but it obviously is not as deep as the 15". Having never had a Deus I, I'm looking for advice from others whether or not to pull the trigger on a Deus II with our extremely mild soil in FL (0 ground balance on the Equinox). 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

I have an Equinox 800 with 4 coils. I am able to pull a silver dime from 16" with the 15" coil when the soil is moist. The 5x10 is excellent at separation, but it obviously is not as deep as the 15". Having never had a Deus I, I'm looking for advice from others whether or not to pull the trigger on a Deus II with our extremely mild soil in FL (0 ground balance on the Equinox). 

Maybe others will say it's some sort of incredible depth monster, but I haven't found that with about 20 hours on it. I really like it for what makes it different from the Equinox, but it's not depth:

Way lighter and more ergonomic (9" coil)  - you can swing it all day

Works great with the backphones and the MI-6 pinpointer, your overall target recovery is faster IMO

Tighter IDs, rarely do I see a wider spread than 3 numbers

Infinitely more adjustable than the Equinox 600

Almost no interference except over a buried power line ðŸĪŠ I haven't tried it in all my bad situations but excellent so far. It's very quiet, even at high sensitivity.

Some say it feels like a toy, but mine is rugged. Don't get that.

What I don't like:

Charging it is a nightmare if you stand it in a corner. The 3 wire cable doesn't reach everything so I have to take the remote off and put the headphones on the floor. Hate the coil charging clip. Rural engineering is forthcoming. ðŸ˜ĩ Wish they did a magnetic charge thing like the Equinox.

Infinitely more adjustable than the Equinox 600, there is a lot more you can screw up. 😀 Glad I can save profiles now. Modify a program and don't save it, you lose all your tweaks.

IMO if you have an Equinox 800 and are killing it, the Deus 2 would be a great addition especially for places the Equinox gets hammered. To use it in water requires that fiddly antenna, not sure I'm gonna like that. I was pulling coins at 12-14" at the beach with the 10x5!

It's not this wondrous thing if you already have the Equinox, but I do like what makes it different, and I'm glad to have two great detectors now. 🙂

Next week I'll be taking it to the beach... Stay tuned 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Maybe others will say it's some sort of incredible depth monster, but I haven't found that with about 20 hours on it. I really like it for what makes it different from the Equinox, but it's not depth:

Way lighter and more ergonomic (9" coil)  - you can swing it all day

Works great with the backphones and the MI-6 pinpointer, your overall target recovery is faster IMO

Tighter IDs, rarely do I see a wider spread than 3 numbers

Infinitely more adjustable than the Equinox 600

Almost no interference except over a buried power line ðŸĪŠ I haven't tried it in all my bad situations but excellent so far. It's very quiet, even at high sensitivity.

Some say it feels like a toy, but mine is rugged. Don't get that.

What I don't like:

Charging it is a nightmare if you stand it in a corner. The 3 wire cable doesn't reach everything so I have to take the remote off and put the headphones on the floor. Hate the coil charging clip. Rural engineering is forthcoming. ðŸ˜ĩ Wish they did a magnetic charge thing like the Equinox.

Infinitely more adjustable than the Equinox 600, there is a lot more you can screw up. 😀 Glad I can save profiles now. Modify a program and don't save it, you lose all your tweaks.

IMO if you have an Equinox 800 and are killing it, the Deus 2 would be a great addition especially for places the Equinox gets hammered. To use it in water requires that fiddly antenna, not sure I'm gonna like that. I was pulling coins at 12-14" at the beach with the 10x5!

It's not this wondrous thing if you already have the Equinox, but I do like what makes it different, and I'm glad to have two great detectors now. 🙂

Next week I'll be taking it to the beach... Stay tuned 😁

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! 

You're welcome. I live in Virginia so your mileage will vary. Soil here has literally no mineralization like it does inland, gotta say that's an advantage. 🙂

I don't want to start a crapstorm, but the Equinox is a darn fine machine. We're comparing apples to androids here, each one has its merits. If EMI is a problem it may solve that, but I've read others saying it's not good. It is for me 🙄

• Like 1

I've been pondering this myself, and came to the conclusion it's a big ask for an 11" coil to have more depth than the 15x12" coil which the Nox has, it'd be cheaper to fork out for the 15" round Coiltek to see if it will squeeze out anymore depth but it seems the 15x12" has maxed out the Nox depth on coin size targets with very few reports of any performance improvement from the Coiltek.

For me the question has more been any depth improvement with the Deus 2 vs the CTX 3030 with 17x13" coil in my mild soils, seeing it's my current depth demon on silvers.  I just can't imagine it'd do it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I agree with that , the D2 is not deeper than the Equinox from my bed tests , except when using the RELIC mode .

But it is far lighter , with a much better and reactive audio especially in the iron treash , much more modes/settings , waterproof to 20m etc ...  

Btw all the detectors have the same depth performances for a given coil size , I havent seen a VLF detector going significantly deeper than the others during 15 years testing . The depth limit is 12" for a 10g coin for all on my bed test ...

Still looking for a deeper detector  , but found nothing up to now . Any idea is welcome ...  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, palzynski said:

I agree with that , the D2 is not deeper than the Equinox from my bed tests , except when using the RELIC mode .

But it is far lighter , with a much better and reactive audio especially in the iron treash , much more modes/settings , waterproof to 20m etc ...  

Btw all the detectors have the same depth performances for a given coil size , I havent seen a VLF detector going significantly deeper than the others during 15 years testing . The depth limit is 12" for a 10g coin for all on my bed test ...

Still looking for a deeper detector  , but found nothing up to now . Any idea is welcome ...  🙂

Don't mean to hijack here but to quickly write that I am going to try relic mode next. 🙂 Carry on... ðŸĪ—

• Like 2

This seems to be right up Tom Dankowski's alley.  Have you checked his website for disucssions of the Deus 2 performance?

I’ve had a similar question since the Deus 2 was announced, is can it replace my Equinox, including for depth, or should I keep both. I’ve found the answers to be all over the map. There are credible people conducting credible tests showing Deus 2 hitting deeper than equinox by a significant margin, and others saying essentially what I’ve seen in this thread so far. What accounts for that I would guess must be environment and software version. The software issue is another that’s all over the map, with some saying nothing’s changed for them and others saying they’ve experienced a significant loss of depth, tone smearing, and quirky operation. Some of those guys I’m too well acquainted with to think they are making it up. 

Im very new to the platform at the moment, and I’ve mentioned before that high conductor signals were gone from my lawn, so much has it been hunted. The Deus 2, albeit with very modulated audio is giving me high conductor hits with VDI. Hopefully things will dry out here for a while in upstate NY so I can find out what they truly are. What I do know is that my Deus 2 with 9” coil air tests better than my Equinox with 11” coil, but again with the way I’m currently set up, more modulated audio than I’m used to. Air tests are usually more instructive in mild conditions such as your own than for my neck of the woods. 

On the other hand, if you’re getting hits on 16” dimes that’s really about as good as you’re going to get with any machine. I’m certainly not getting that here. I’d be lucky to see 10”. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1