My First Week With The XP Deus 2 + 9in. Coil ~20 Hours

Nice write up. There are a lot of adjustments that will take some getting used to on the Deus 2 (at least for me) having had a Deus 1 for 5-6 years the menus still don't jive with my brain as compared to the Equinox which seemed easier for me to pick up...it's interesting to hear how some struggle with the Nox adjustments but find the Deus easy and vice a versa...I guess our brains are all made different...I don't have but maybe 10 hours on my Deus 2 as of now. I did go to the foot hills this weekend and found I was digging more nails then I did down here in the bay area, I could hear the iron grunt on most and but some were too tempting not to dig so it was a couple deep ones with large heads on them that fooled me.  for me it's nice to have an automated machine that you can just turn on and go and once I get the hang of the Deus 2 and get some programs saved it will be a lot easier to just grab it and go. 

strick 

• Like 4

The Deus 2 definitely has a lot of adjustability.  Both a good and bad thing for sure.  The basic programs work well and suit a beginner on the machine like me.  But, its good to know as a user gets more advanced, there are settings and the ability to highly customize programs to gain improved performance.  I've mostly stuck with the preset programs in hopes of getting to know them and their basic characteristics. 

I plan on using Deep High Conductor (and maybe even Relic program) more in the future and see how it does for deeper coins.  But, soon I will also make up some of my own custom programs now that I can navigate the settings decently well and understand what the controls do for the most part.  I too think having some custom programs saved will make the Deus 2 much more grab and go.

While I've had fun swinging the Equinox and enjoyed its performance, the Deus 2 so far has been the same, but also a pleasure to use due to its ergonomics and sweet sounding audio.  No doubt others will find the reverse, since everybody is different in what works best for them.  

• Like 5

I'm glad posts like this are rolling out now from folks that didn't get a Deus for free. 😀 

I'm fascinated by the XY screen, haven't tried it yet. Chase recommended Deep HC for my soil conditions, he's been testing the heck out of the D2, some on my permissions. It did well but it does eat battery.

What is really making me happy is that my observations so far are pretty similar to you more experienced detectorists. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 10:40 AM, Calmark said:

The Deus 2 definitely has a lot of adjustability.  Both a good and bad thing for sure.  The basic programs work well and suit a beginner on the machine like me.  But, its good to know as a user gets more advanced, there are settings and the ability to highly customize programs to gain improved performance.  I've mostly stuck with the preset programs in hopes of getting to know them and their basic characteristics. 

I plan on using Deep High Conductor (and maybe even Relic program) more in the future and see how it does for deeper coins.  But, soon I will also make up some of my own custom programs now that I can navigate the settings decently well and understand what the controls do for the most part.  I too think having some custom programs saved will make the Deus 2 much more grab and go.

While I've had fun swinging the Equinox and enjoyed its performance, the Deus 2 so far has been the same, but also a pleasure to use due to its ergonomics and sweet sounding audio.  No doubt others will find the reverse, since everybody is different in what works best for them.  

Biggest things for me were audio response up 1 basically across the board which I only run pwm same! Day one testing vs nox the faint sounds which are still there up to 5 just a tad louder vs nox audio loud proud was not confidence building on factory settings! Imo may just be me.

Reactivity down to 2,1.5 seem to be as fast as needed and deep or atleast I've put good bits of time in honest iron laiden sites and had zero problems sniffing plenty out of no signalville for the nox! 

Pitch tones is alertive,plenty loud and if a target can be hit it will hit it. Many times seemingly under bits of nails! 

I didnt like pitch at first but I'll learn to be like anything that seemingly sees through things other units just cannot! Fulltones are my love just my last site seemed daunting to use,I may have given up to quick time will tell though!