Swinging The Deus Coils Size Question...

Doc Robby

For those of you who have used both the 9 inch and the 11 inch coils on the Deus, do you notice a big difference in how it swings? I ask because I'm in a bit of a conundrum. On the one hand I'll be detecting mostly pasture/fields, but on the other I have a very sensitive shoulder that I need for my work as a chiropractor (ironically). I'm lucky as my dealer has both the 9" and 12" detectors in stock. 

What are your thoughts?

Hu

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Swinging The Deus Question...

What are you swinging now?

The 9” coil makes the D2 light enough to swing all day.  I’ve been using the Apex for the last 18 mo. And with the 9” coil, it’s a little lighter than the Apex especially if I put on the 9x12 coil on the Apex.

My son has the 11” coil and doesn’t care for the flex in the lower rod on the D2;  he says it feels lighter than the ‘Nox 800 with standard coil.  

• Like 2

A person who understands coils told me there is no significant depth advantage between the 9 and 11" coils.

Target separation is a better story, the 9" will be noticeably better than the 11", but would be a lot better if it was elliptical (10x5).

I use the 9" coil, waited until that model was available. You're really only losing 2" of sweep coverage, that isn't going to be a big deal either.

• Like 1

Both of my shoulders are shot as a result of two surgeries and OA.

Bought the 9” coil with my new Deus 2, which I prefer. I can last 2-3 hours swinging on the beach including the digging. Good luck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DIG5050 said:

What are you swinging now?

Nothing at this moment but soon, very soon. 🤗

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Target separation is a better story, the 9" will be noticeably better than the 11", but would be a lot better if it was elliptical (10x5).

I agree 100%. I wish there was in between option. 

11 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Bought the 9” coil with my new Deus 2, which I prefer. I can last 2-3 hours swinging on the beach including the digging. Good luck!

Thank you! Sorry to hear about your OA,  it's nice to know though that you can still detect 2-3 hours on the beach. 

Thank you all for your replies!

Hu

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Doc Robby said:

Nothing at this moment but soon, very soon. 🤗

I agree 100%. I wish there was in between option. 

Thank you! Sorry to hear about your OA,  it's nice to know though that you can still detect 2-3 hours on the beach. 

Thank you all for your replies!

Hu

No problem. I'm hearing from those connected in some way that a 10x5 elliptical would be difficult to do with a battery, I think most have said they didn't care if it was wired. Neither do I.

For sure you will not regret getting a D2. It would be light with either option, but the 9" seems most popular. 👍 Hope to see your exploits!

19 hours ago, Doc Robby said:

For those of you who have used both the 9 inch and the 11 inch coils on the Deus, do you notice a big difference in how it swings? I ask because I'm in a bit of a conundrum. On the one hand I'll be detecting mostly pasture/fields, but on the other I have a very sensitive shoulder that I need for my work as a chiropractor (ironically). I'm lucky as my dealer has both the 9" and 12" detectors in stock. 

What are your thoughts?

Hu

I have used the D1 with both the 9 and 11 inch coils . The 9 inch coil is much lighter . I have a sensitive arm/shoulder too then I only use a 9 or 9X6 inch coil on my D1. Add to this that it is much easier to center a target with a 9' coil and at the end there is no way I would come back to a 11 coil ...  

I guess it will the same on the D2 . I have tested the D2 with the 11 inch coil which I found a little front heavy . I have not yet ordered mine but it will be of course with a 9 inch coil ...

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Swinging The Deus Coils Size Question...