What Mods Sd 2100v2

Right now I have 2 stock SD 2100 v2s that I just picked up.  stock machines with factory 11" coils(DD according to manual). Will be trying to put them to use in some areas of my home state of Alaska (I do have a GB 2 & GM 2 for VLF friendly areas & conditions) but also hope to use one when we visit family in the Prescott AZ area.  May be able to talk my wife into using one but most likely scinario is a primary machine & a backup machine.

Right now I am looking at the Docs Gold Screamer kit with Lithium batteries.

Also thinking an 8" Mono coil would be a good start for extra coils.  Make sense?  Recomendations?  Would be interested in gently used if someone has one.

The little 8” coil is a great one. Also a good choice going with the Gold Screamer setup, it really makes for a nice package and the batteries last quite some time.  Good luck with that setup, should be interesting hearing what you find with it!

• Like 1

Good luck Vance, hope it all works out and you find some gold. You will learn as you go what works best. Keep checking the forum and you will gain valuable information.

Loved the old 2100's. The detector I found my first gold nugget with, and such a powerful and simple machine. Also quite friendly to mono coils except for in the worst ground. Pairs up very well with an 8" mono. 

The v2 model had the very nice bonus of having the tune and tone adjustments as external pots. 

Best of luck with them. 

Thanks everyone.

I am into the machines at a pretty reasonable price.  They were part of a package with some other prospecting equipment.  When you take out the value of the other equipment (a gold wheel & a factory miller table setup) I figure I have $350 or 400 a piece in them.  I'm sure they would work fine as is but I have a hard time leaving anything as is.  For now I will just tweek one of them.  I figure if the one I am using dies I can switch the gold screamer to the other one.  As far as an accessory coil goes those are just like shoes for the wife right?😁

Thanks for the input on the 8" coil guys.  I will keep an eye open for one.

• 2 weeks later...

Vance- just a warning.  In case you search ebay for one-  there’s a 8” mono on ebay currently on sale for $100, but I wouldn’t buy it because theres a glob of glue right where the cable goes in- may be issues there. If I see one pop up, I’ll give you heads up.  Might want to ask Gerry also, he’s got some used coils.  Also let me know if you are interested in either of the ones I am selling here on the classifieds- I’m open for offers!

On 4/19/2022 at 10:12 PM, GotAU? said:

Vance- just a warning.  In case you search ebay for one-  there’s a 8” mono on ebay currently on sale for $100, but I wouldn’t buy it because theres a glob of glue right where the cable goes in- may be issues there. If I see one pop up, I’ll give you heads up.  Might want to ask Gerry also, he’s got some used coils.  Also let me know if you are interested in either of the ones I am selling here on the classifieds- I’m open for offers!

Just saw this and thanks!