Nugget Finder Gpx6000 Coils Coming...

55 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

YES, Nugget Finder has announced that they will be releasing one,.... or more coils for the GPX-6000 !!! 

That would mean that ML approves both Coiltek and NF for aftermarket 6000 coils. Interesting news. Perhaps the coil versatility for the 5000 is something that will eventually come for the 6000 as well? Based on what was discussed before this move appears to be rather unexpected, given the delicate electronics of the 6000 and how it is synchronized with the current ML coil offerings. But I have no doubt Coiltek and NF will make superb coils. A big win for 6000 owners. I love my NF 12 inch for the GPZ, an absolute fantastic coil. But for the longest time it was really hard to get here in the US and only at a very steep price tag ($1200). The demand for 6000 coils will be huge, so it will be interesting to see who will be the winner when it comes to performance, availability and price.

GC

• Like 3

I have purchased a few Coiltek coils for my 5000, never a NF coil. I will look into buying one for the 6000 as many folks on this forum have sworn by them, has to be something to it. 

Wow, thats a break from previous ML policy and also great news! Woohoo!!! 

• Like 1

Good to know that the 6k coils are nothing special (other than chip). This makes me hope of low cost high performance coils to come. On the coil size, I wonder how small the Geosense technology can be pushed to and whether a super small coil would even make sense, given how extremely sensitive the 6k already is with the 11 inch round. A 10X6 elliptical seems to be on everybody's wish list. I would for sure get one .

GC

• Like 2

They have to fit the partial flat windings or else they'd need to go bundle and lose some of that sensitivity which I guess the smaller size could make up for a bit.  8" and 10x6" are proven possible.  Being much easier coils to make than GPZ coils there will likely be a range of sizes available as long as there are no limitations imposed.

Small coils always make sense to people who hunt in rocky or bushy ground even if they're no more sensitive than a slightly bigger size.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

They have to fit the partial flat windings or else they'd need to go bundle and lose some of that sensitivity which I guess the smaller size could make up for a bit.  8" and 10x6" are proven possible.  Being much easier coils to make than GPZ coils there will likely be a range of sizes available as long as there are no limitations imposed.

Small coils always make sense to people who hunt in rocky or bushy ground even if they're no more sensitive than a slightly bigger size.

Correct, the non existence of small flat-wound coils is because there just aint the room for 25 turns of wire in a 10x6 coil shell in order to reach the 300uH sweet spot. UNLESS the remaining wire is stacked in a bundle on top. Sure, there is a tiny trade-off in the total sensitivity increase....but its actually quite minor. The biggest hassle is creating a wire former insert to suit said flat&bundle-combo configuration. The size and shape of the coil is the biggest benefit overall....as Steve said, the actual sensitivity or depth improvement is an added bonus.

• Like 3