Nugget Finder Gpx6000 Coils Coming...

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

Do you take the DD with you?   Although a bit heavier and awkward it works well re: EMI.  

A 6x10” DD in the ATV will be perfect for just the situation you describe.  

Haven't even used my stock DD yet, gonna toss it in the truck to keep around now though.

So strange, nothing particularly different about this spot than any others I worked, but just couldn't get the 6000 stable enough to even use, even being very far from any obvious noise sources. I almost feel like it was the 6000 interfering with itself. Like, it was unstable just sitting, but seemed to get even more unstable when I'd swing it and it'd process ground and get even worse.

I am definitely seeing the appeal of a smaller portable DD on this machine now.

• Like 1

Have you tested it elsewhere after that Jason, maybe it has died or it's coil?   The symptoms you're describing are similar to other people who's have their coil die on them.  I'm sure everyone will win the GPX lottery at some point.  The things are dropping like flies.

As EMI is one of my biggest challenges where I go looking for gold I am really hoping the smaller coils will improve the stability of the detector as its completely illogical to use it now when I can use my GPZ perfectly fine in the same places without the need for measures like using the GPX DD coil, lowering sensitivity or doing anything at all to mitigate EMI.  The 14" DD while it does virtually completely resolve EMI problems it's so big and awkward it's not really suitable for me to use it much, it seems very good on the small gold though.  It's a shame they didn't release it with an 11" DD and 11" Mono.    I hope at least one manufacturer comes out with something like a 10x5" DD. 

Here is the 14" DD under some high voltage power lines from some windmills

I wish the 6000 had the DD threshold with mono coils.

I like the build quality look of the NF coils, and they have the little gore vent, stronger looking ears and just appeal to me more than the Coiltek's which is why I decided to get 2 NF coils for my 6000, I'm considering dumping my plan of the 14x9" Coiltek and getting the larger NF instead for my big coil as in videos I've seen of the Coiltek its not looking impressive to me at all, although it could just be the way the videos are made finding small shallow gold and describing it as deep for the size putting me off and the detector running quite unstable in the videos, especially the latest one it was going off with EMI all the time sounding terrible.  Nenad's NF video was much better and showed the coil running well and stable while performing well.  To me the GPX is a small shallower gold detector and that's where it excels the most so I mainly will only ever use it with smaller coils, the GPZ with 15" CC is what I'd be using if I was using a detector in deeper ground.

• Like 1

I've always had better luck with NF coils myself. Maybe just luck of the draw though, hard to tell. All of my Coilteks failed fairly quick while I've owned 4x more NF's and only had one real failure. Yet I know people who have the opposite luck too... But I think I'll stick with what worked for me in the past and go for one of these NF's. Was going to wait until tests but definitely want a small coil now for EMI situations. So going to see who's getting them first here in the US today if I get time today.

My ML coil wasn't overly knock sensitive and I tried to get it to false by moving the cord around, no luck. Slight knock sensitivity developed a few weeks after buying it, but never got worse. But yeah, I should probably go out somewhere test again, see if this coil can run stable anywhere now. 

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Have you tested it elsewhere after that Jason, maybe it has died or it's coil?   The symptoms you're describing are similar to other people who's have their coil die on them.  I'm sure everyone will win the GPX lottery at some point.  The things are dropping like flies.

As EMI is one of my biggest challenges where I go looking for gold I am really hoping the smaller coils will improve the stability of the detector as its completely illogical to use it now when I can use my GPZ perfectly fine in the same places without the need for measures like using the GPX DD coil, lowering sensitivity or doing anything at all to mitigate EMI.  The 14" DD while it does virtually completely resolve EMI problems it's so big and awkward it's not really suitable for me to use it much, it seems very good on the small gold though.  It's a shame they didn't release it with an 11" DD and 11" Mono.    I hope at least one manufacturer comes out with something like a 10x5" DD. 

Here is the 14" DD under some high voltage power lines from some windmills

I wish the 6000 had the DD threshold with mono coils.

I like the build quality look of the NF coils, and they have the little gore vent, stronger looking ears and just appeal to me more than the Coiltek's which is why I decided to get 2 NF coils for my 6000, I'm considering dumping my plan of the 14x9" Coiltek and getting the larger NF instead for my big coil as in videos I've seen of the Coiltek its not looking impressive to me at all, although it could just be the way the videos are made finding small shallow gold and describing it as deep for the size putting me off and the detector running quite unstable in the videos, especially the latest one it was going off with EMI all the time sounding terrible.  Nenad's NF video was much better and showed the coil running well and stable while performing well.  To me the GPX is a small shallower gold detector and that's where it excels the most so I mainly will only ever use it with smaller coils, the GPZ with 15" CC is what I'd be using if I was using a detector in deeper ground.

Simon, have you seen this video I recorded showing the EMI response results between a GPX 6000 mono and DD Minelab coil under powerlines as well? I wonder what caused the difference between ours? Just another bad coil?

I was recording with an iPhone and that didn’t seem to bother it at all, even with the mono when I’m out away from powerlines and talking on it. What type of phone were you using to record it, have you tested that possible variable?

• Like 1

No, I hadn't seen that, yours appears to run much nicer, I was happy with my DD as compared to my mono threshold that DD threshold on mine is fantastic but now hearing yours I'm not so sure, could be the different power networks though.  I've never had such little confidence in a detector as I do my 6000  I just see it as an unstable detector that finds gold if you're willing to put up with it.  🙂   Hopefully I start to like it more when I get my aftermarket coils I've ordered.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an image of the 16x10" Xceed coil. Approx 880g. No I haven't tested one yet, but I like the look of it! 

16x10 spoked 880g.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Here's an image of the 16x10" Xceed coil. Approx 880g. No I haven't tested one yet, but I like the look of it! 

Have you been told when you're receiving stock?

On 7/2/2022 at 4:28 PM, phrunt said:

No, I hadn't seen that, yours appears to run much nicer, I was happy with my DD as compared to my mono threshold that DD threshold on mine is fantastic but now hearing yours I'm not so sure, could be the different power networks though.  I've never had such little confidence in a detector as I do my 6000  I just see it as an unstable detector that finds gold if you're willing to put up with it.  🙂   Hopefully I start to like it more when I get my aftermarket coils