10 Must Have Deus II Accessories

☠ Cipher

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I have many of these chargers, I'm just a bit dubious as to their charging faculty as opposed to the proprietary XP charger. The XP charger, in merely memory from what I have read, is a maintainer as well as a charger. If not then that's what I'll do. 🙂

As mentioned previously, I don't believe there is anything special about the XP charger wall wart as far as being a charge regulator is concerned, just a run of the mill AC to 5 VDC usb converter that can easily be subbed by another similar charger. The regulator is built into the XP components as evidenced by the flashing lights or LCD icons when charge is complete.  I rarely use the wall wart, however, preferring to charge from a multi-port usb charging bank that I can position anywhere as desired (as well as allowing me to top off the detector in a vehicle or on the go).   My favorite 2-port bank below.

Anker PowerCore Solar 10000, 15W USB-C Power Bank 10,000 mAh with Dual Ports, Flashlight, IP64 Splash Proof and Dustproof for Outdoor Activities, Compatible with Smartphones and Other Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BRC7SCY

I also prefer the tether (alone) for the reasons NC mentioned above.  I like to remove and stow my remote when transporting it (or when charging) and I find the resistance of the stock mount to be fine, relatively easy to mount and unmount the remote with firm force but enough give to keep from snapping any plastic in the event of unplanned significant impact.

I suppose if I was routinely in rough surf or something like that, the locking mount would make a lot of sense, because even with the unit tethered, who needs it constantly being knocked off the mount by the waves or similar forces regularly encountered in your specific detecting environment.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, strick said:

So I bought the orange clip a while ago and could not get it to fit the machine properly...I only messed with it a few minutes so I gotta try it again...

strick 

The new designed orange clips with the volts display (wish it were mA because charge current can give you more information about the state of charge and connection integrity) are superior to the old Doodad design (and far superior to the XP clips, of course) .  They are a perfect snug fit design with reliable electrical contact that are easily attached and removed to/from the coil.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

They are a perfect snug fit design with reliable electrical contact that are easily attached and removed to/from the coil.  

This is indeed what I discovered once the coil cover was properly fitted. At first the clip tended to push the cover off, apparently the shop that installed the cover didn't do it right.

I hope this is the problem @strick had. 🙂 It's a great clip.

• Like 2

If you cut the coil cover around where the charge clip goes it is much easier to connect the charge clip. I used a razor but you could use a dremel or even a file to trim it.    

• Like 1

I was able to get it to fit yesterday...just had to push in the cover under the clip on the sides as the clip will push the cover down every time on my detector no matter how secure the coil cover is on the coil...loving the nice bright shiny green lights lol looks like a keeper..

on another note I've seen on one of the face book pages where the control pod locking mechanism "detecting doodads" is poorly constructed...

strick 

284394447_10224433834847299_943363268421969454_n.jpeg

59 minutes ago, strick said:

on another note I've seen on one of the face book pages where the control pod locking mechanism "detecting doodads" is poorly constructed...

Looks like a typical printed object where the person printing it doesn't take the time to "clean it up", sand it down and/or buff it. 😀 Most of the printed things I get are like that. Should get mine soon.

2 hours ago, strick said:

I was able to get it to fit yesterday...just had to push in the cover under the clip on the sides as the clip will push the cover down every time on my detector no matter how secure the coil cover is on the coil...loving the nice bright shiny green lights lol looks like a keeper..

strick 

I ordered mine yesterday as my original one seems a bit defective but then I see this LOL. I hate when people don't take the time to do things right especially when there is money involved. You can do well and prosper in any business if you just take the time to do things right the first time. Hopefully mine won't look like my dog got it first.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strick said:

... on another note I've seen on one of the face book pages where the control pod locking mechanism "detecting doodads" is poorly constructed...

strick 

That looks like a bad print, probably trying to crank out too many too fast to keep up with orders. The one I ordered didn't look like that at all. It was a perfect print and works as advertised. I just had to lightly sand the wider edges of the mounting plate to make the remote easier to remove because it was a very tight fit at first. My remote hasn't come off in the field since I put the locking mount on so I'm happy with it.

• Like 3

Got mine today, I really thought it would look better but whatever. 😀 If it works I win.20220531_221631.thumb.jpg.f5426852e4b719507d1a0d22b66a4db4.jpg

Is it wrong to expect 3D printed stuff to have enough allowed to spec to be finished? 🤔