10 Must Have Deus II Accessories

☠ Cipher

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Got mine today, I really thought it would look better but whatever. 😀 If it works I win.20220531_221631.thumb.jpg.f5426852e4b719507d1a0d22b66a4db4.jpg

Is it wrong to expect 3D printed stuff to have enough allowed to spec to be finished? 🤔

3D printing is part science and part art. I've been 3D printing parts for my business since 2014 and learned early on that the quality of the machines and the filaments make a huge difference, but top quality is expensive to produce. What you are seeing there is call underhang. It can be caused by many things such as no supports or improper placement of supports, improper cooling, even the type and quality of filament, the list goes on and on. I would guess that these pieces are printed in PETG, which make a very solid part when printed and doesn't require a temp controlled chamber to print in, but can be a finicky on some printers. Also, the support material can fuse too well to the part when printing making it almost impossible to remove cleanly. The printer itself can also be a problem because it looks like it is struggling to print correctly at some angles. There are so many variables that have to be right to get a good clean print. My remote lock had some underhang too, but I just sanded it down with some files.

I will say the Detector Doodad guy does a good job of finding things that can be improved on detectors and engineering parts that work, so cudos to him for that. It's quite expensive and time consuming to engineer and prototype parts. I'd do it myself but it would cut way too much into my detecting time. 😏

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I will say the Detector Doodad guy does a good job of finding things that can be improved on detectors and engineering parts that work, so cudos to him for that. It's quite expensive and time consuming to engineer and prototype parts. I'd do it myself but it would cut way too much into my detecting time. 😏

I agree, guess I'm just whining a bit 😀 I think DD is awesome, there are lots of brilliant inventions, and we don't have to buy cool stuff from across the pond. 👍 it does look pretty sharp on the Deus, I like it. I had no need to sand anything. Tip: use a flat blade precision screwdriver that fits to avoid buggering the original screws. 🙂

• Like 3

On 4/8/2022 at 4:19 AM, brys said:

and the best ever charging clip

I own one of these. After using it 3 times it came apart at a seam that it hard to see but it separates near the LED screen and mini connector so that those parts and the wiring can be installed. I just glued it back together and it still works fine.

I have not found it to be vastly easier to attach to the two XP Deus coils that I own than the stock charging clip which certainly had something to do with it falling apart. 

So, the voltage reading going to the coil is a great feature and I think this clip is a viable alternative. You just might need to have some super glue with you if you are depending on this clip when on the road hunting for days and/or when charging with it away from home in general.

• Like 3

Installed one on my 9” unit and seems secure. It does have a crude finish but if it holds my remote in place I can overlook that. Found my 2nd and 3rd silver ( both Barber dimes ) enjoying my Deus 2

• Like 5

I thought it was secure but on closer examination the remote wasn’t on shoe all the way due to the rough 3-d print edges, but it is now. Take care that it’s on flush and all the way. Yup

• 2 weeks later...

I just received another Deus 2 accessory- 3-d printed coil centering device for my 11” coil. After having swung the 11” only for the first 2 months and getting along fine, I can say it is a lighter feeling swing, maybe a bit easier on the wrist. It’s definitely noticeable and will help in long detecting runs. I wouldn’t even bother for the 9” coil but for the 11” I recommend it as it is a low cost helpful gadget. 

• Like 7

On 5/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, F350Platinum said:

Gotta add another one to this list:

https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p53/Locking_shoe_for_the_Deus_2.html

s963253682610875296_p53_i10_w903.jpeg.428cb971b99a9491fa14a8d84617733e.jpeg

Wish it came in black, but I guess the maker wants it to stand out. One is on the way. Looks like the fit and finish will be great.

Got one and it lasted a month. broke off at the edge of the shaft, back to the stock one now.

Cliff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

8 hours ago, cdv said:

Got one and it lasted a month. broke off at the edge of the shaft, back to the stock one now.

Cliff

I think your better off with the stock one.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I own one of these. After using it 3 times it came apart at a seam that it hard to see but it separates near the LED screen and mini connector so that those parts and the wiring can be installed. I just glued it back together and it still works fine.

I have not found it to be vastly easier to attach to the two XP Deus coils that I own than the stock charging clip which certainly had something to do with it falling apart. 

So, the voltage reading going to the coil is a great feature and I think this clip is a viable alternative. You just might need to have some super glue with you if you are depending on this clip when on the road hunting for days and/or when charging with it away from home in general.

Mine blinks on and off as you move the connector. Not sure if normal. I didn’t like the note push hard to connect and it still does not seat all the way. I would not recommend to a friend or maybe I got a lemon.

• Like 1