10 Must Have Deus II Accessories

☠ Cipher

No doubt that you're correct, Chase. The Vanquish was my first detector, and I didn't ever use the wired headphones with it, so probably I just never knew any better (perhaps that's why the Deus II is such an amazing improvement for me).

I shall take the Vanquish out one of these days and see if I notice the latency now.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, there have been problems with Detector Doodads order fulfillment after having a fire in his home office.

The orange coil charging adapter with incoming voltage readout I received from him before the fire has once again come apart at a seam. I just glued it back together again.

The Deus/Deus2/ORX 3D printed stand I bought from manxkat on Ebay (I believe he is a member here) has also broken after 2 months of use......not abuse.  This is not a reflection on this product or its maker. The same holds true for Detector Doodads.

It simply shows that 3D printed parts for metal detectors will come apart and break. So anyone that regularly uses their Deus 2 like I do up to 100 hours a month or more is probably not the kind of customer that these parts are meant for. They will not hold up even when they are not abused.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/10/2022 at 9:58 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

It simply shows that 3D printed parts for metal detectors will come apart and break. So anyone that regularly uses their Deus 2 like I do up to 100 hours a month or more is probably not the kind of customer that these parts are meant for. They will not hold up even when they are not abused.

You nailed it, Jeff. Hobby filaments and 3D printers weren't designed for rigorous use parts. Industrial grade printers and filaments can make the kind of parts required, but they are expensive and not cost efficient for producing $10-$30 parts unless you're selling thousands of them.

• Like 2