Jump to content

10 Must Have Deus II Accessories


Recommended Posts

So I bought the orange clip a while ago and could not get it to fit the machine properly...I only messed with it a few minutes so I gotta try it again...

strick 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, strick said:

So I bought the orange clip a while ago and could not get it to fit the machine properly...I only messed with it a few minutes so I gotta try it again...

strick 

I found that the coil cover wasn't on all the way, it's worked great since I replaced the cover correctly.

Main benefit for be has been the green digits, they're so bright I won't trip over it when it's charging 🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Gotta add another one to this list:

https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p53/Locking_shoe_for_the_Deus_2.html

s963253682610875296_p53_i10_w903.jpeg.428cb971b99a9491fa14a8d84617733e.jpeg

Wish it came in black, but I guess the maker wants it to stand out. One is on the way. Looks like the fit and finish will be great.

I got one of these after I fell down a creek bank and the remote came off. Fortunately I had it tethered so I didn't lose it. This device is a great idea, but the first time I put the remote on it I almost never got it back off. So I lightly sanded the widest parts of the bottom edges until the remote is snug but will push off without too much force. The locking part works perfectly so now, with the tether still attached, I don't feel like I will lose the remote very easily. 

IMG_7659.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Gotta add another one to this list:

https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p53/Locking_shoe_for_the_Deus_2.html

s963253682610875296_p53_i10_w903.jpeg.428cb971b99a9491fa14a8d84617733e.jpeg

Wish it came in black, but I guess the maker wants it to stand out. One is on the way. Looks like the fit and finish will be great.

I saw those a couple of weeks ago and was going to order one but then I got to thinking about it.  What would happen if I tripped and fell on my detector?  Something’s got to give and either that mounting device will break or the plastic on the back of my remote will.  So I decided to just go with the factory tether.  What made me think of this was about 20 years ago I bought a BMW R1150GS motorcycle.  This was an adventure type motorcycle with the two horizontally opposed cylinders that stick out from the sides of the bike.  This is commonly known as a “boxer” engine.  Being an adventure bike I rode it on gravel roads and other places where you wouldn’t take a strictly street oriented bike.  When you do that with a big, heavy bike you’ll eventually drop it.  When you do drop it the first thing that makes contact with the ground is the cylinder head.  Now BMW is aware of this and provides stock plastic cylinder head guards.  They look and feel pretty flimsy.  It wasn’t long after that bike came on the market that there were aftermarket suppliers of better, more robust cylinder guards.  One such company made very stout aluminum guards that just bolted to the engine in the same bolt holes that the stock guards used.  I thought they looked very strong and rugged so I bought a pair and installed them.  Not too long after that I dropped the bike at a walking pace coming off the edge of a sidewalk.  Guess what happened?   That strong aluminum cylinder guard was so stiff that the weight of the bike made it crack the bolt hole where it attached to the engine!   If I would have had the stock plastic guard it would have flexed and just gotten scratched and I could have replaced it and the bike would have looked like new.  Instead I had to take those guards off and left them off.  I ended up selling the bike about a year later with full disclosure of the damage.  If I would have kept the bike I would have had to find someone to weld that hole with aluminum then drill and re-tap it.  
 

Sorry for the long story but just a heads up of what could happen.  
 

Edit:  I’m not trying to discredit detecting doodads product, it’s probably great for water hunters and such where the detector probably won’t get dropped or fallen upon.  But if you’re hiking through the woods and you trip and fall on the remote in such a way that there’s a lot of force put on it, something’s going to give.  I would probably bet XP designed the remote attachment so that it does pop off before something breaks.  

Edited by NCtoad
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

just a heads up of what could happen.

Makes sense NC! 👍

Thing is, I detest that 🤬 lanyard, I'm hoping now to sand the adapter a bit like Cap'n Ghostlight did, and use the thumbscrew to easily remove the RC. Or not. 😁

One of the things I'm not too thrilled with about the Deus 2 is the charging procedure, having to shorten the shaft when I want to charge the RC, coil, and headphones. That will cause undue wear on the clamp, leading to wobble. 

The other alternative of course is to get another power supply from them and charge the coil separately.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Makes sense NC! 👍

Thing is, I detest that 🤬 lanyard, I'm hoping now to sand the adapter a bit like Cap'n Ghostlight did, and use the thumbscrew to easily remove the RC. Or not. 😁

One of the things I'm not too thrilled with about the Deus 2 is the charging procedure, having to shorten the shaft when I want to charge the RC, coil, and headphones. That will cause undue wear on the clamp, leading to wobble. 

The other alternative of course is to get another power supply from them and charge the coil separately.

 

I shorten the rod every time I take it in the car.  I don’t worry too much about wear and tear on the camlocks because if they do wear out you can buy them as parts from XP.  It’s another reason I like this detector:   You can buy spare parts if they break or wear out.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

One of the things I'm not too thrilled with about the Deus 2 is the charging procedure, having to shorten the shaft when I want to charge the RC, coil, and headphones. That will cause undue wear on the clamp, leading to wobble. 

The other alternative of course is to get another power supply from them and charge the coil separately.

 

I use a Samsung charger from my old phone (5V, 2 Amp) to charge the remote and sometimes all three accessories at the same time and it works perfectly. In fact any 5 Volt USB charger that is 1 Amp (1000 mA) or higher will work. The devices only pull as much amperage (probably 100-200 mA per device) as they need to charge. That way I leave my shaft extended if needed to charge separately on the phone charger and charge the puck and coil on the 3-way cable with the original XP charger.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I use a Samsung charger from my old phone

I have many of these chargers, I'm just a bit dubious as to their charging faculty as opposed to the proprietary XP charger. The XP charger, in merely memory from what I have read, is a maintainer as well as a charger. If not then that's what I'll do. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I have many of these chargers, I'm just a bit dubious as to their charging faculty as opposed to the proprietary XP charger. The XP charger, in merely memory from what I have read, is a maintainer as well as a charger. If not then that's what I'll do. 🙂

The one shipped with my D2 is an Intertek Power Adapter Model U001-1, 5 Volt, 1000mA. That's about as basic as they come. I've been using my Samsung charger since I got the D2 with no prolbems.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I shorten the rod every time I take it in the car.  I don’t worry too much about wear and tear on the camlocks because if they do wear out you can buy them as parts from XP.  It’s another reason I like this detector:   You can buy spare parts if they break or wear out.  

I pop off the remote take out the lower shaft and set the headphones coil and remote all near each other when charging been doing it this way for years with the Deus 1  as well. On another note me detector came with the missing infamous screw under the handle. Anyone know what size it is ?

strick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...