10 Must Have Deus II Accessories

☠ Cipher

I didn't know where to put this so if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it. I have ordered from DD in the past and been satisfied for the most part. I ordered 11 days ago the charging clip for my XP2 and haven't heard anything from him (Don I believe). I've emailed him a few times asking if everything is all right and got nothing but crickets. I figure he's a single man operation so if life happens it can disrupt a business pretty fast. I wasn't expecting Amazon type shipping but I would have expected something to this point and a response to emails. Has anyone else experienced this and is waiting to hear on their orders? Did something happen to him? I could only contact him via email as I didn't see any other way on his site and he's not responding to my emails so I thought I'd see if anyone else was having trouble. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 11:34 AM, Skate said:

I didn't know where to put this so if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it. I have ordered from DD in the past and been satisfied for the most part. I ordered 11 days ago the charging clip for my XP2 and haven't heard anything from him (Don I believe). I've emailed him a few times asking if everything is all right and got nothing but crickets. I figure he's a single man operation so if life happens it can disrupt a business pretty fast. I wasn't expecting Amazon type shipping but I would have expected something to this point and a response to emails. Has anyone else experienced this and is waiting to hear on their orders? Did something happen to him? I could only contact him via email as I didn't see any other way on his site and he's not responding to my emails so I thought I'd see if anyone else was having trouble. 

Had the same issue a few years back.  Thought DD went under or life happened. He finally responded.  I think you nailed it.  He may simply be out of town or may be getting slammed with D2 accessory demand.  Keep emailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Had the same issue a few years back.  Thought DD went under or life happened. He finally responded.  I think you nailed it.  He may simply be out of town or may be getting slammed with D2 accessory demand.  Keep emailing.

He finally got back to me this morning after my 3rd email to him. He said he was out of the country and that he had a fire in some point of his manufacturing process. He said he didn't know where my order fit in the pecking order and would try and get it out sometime later this week.

Life does happen and I get that. When you take other people's money in exchange for a good or service you need to communicate when you won't be able to fulfill that good or service. You can become a really skinny small business owner when you forget to do that. I was going to buy the go pro camera mount but I'm going to see if anyone else makes one for the D2 first before I commit any more $ to Doodads. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 5/29/2022 at 8:11 AM, F350Platinum said:

Looks like a typical printed object where the person printing it doesn't take the time to "clean it up", sand it down and/or buff it. 😀 Most of the printed things I get are like that. Should get mine soon.

You do know that sanding and buffing even a small object like that will take 1 - 2 hours. Not sure what you were paid per hour to work, but no one would want to pay my labor rate. I sell many 3d printed items on ebay, 1 in 100 people ask the same without taking in consideration for time. My 3d printed parts are a little smother, but I let my machine rune rather slow.

I make the stand Chase gives the link to in the 3rd post as well as pinpointer holsters for the deus

6 hours ago, BobC said:

I make the stand Chase gives the link to in the 3rd post as well as pinpointer holsters for the deus

I have one. 👍 It snapped when I let the Deus arm cuff legs go, but a little super glue fixed it permanently. I've used it for quite some time now, I get out a lot.

I'm not trying to cause a rift, just mentioning the roughness of 3d printed items in most cases. I'm sure not doing finish work keeps the cost down. 🙂

I'm speculating, but imagine one also must take into account the way the material is laid, which has a role in strength under pressure. 🤔

True, lines or zig zags for infill sort of determines strength, sometimes it is trial and error, most of the stuff I print are between 70 -80 % infill, but they can still break, some have broken (cracked) from shipping, I usually just replace for people, message me your address here or ebay, and I will send another.

• Like 2

I have never figured why all coils and covers are either black or white; not real good for hunting in the water. I see rubber coil bumpers listed on ebay in various colors. Has anyone seen/tried one of these

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OldArmy said:

I have never figured why all coils and covers are either black or white; not real good for hunting in the water. I see rubber coil bumpers listed on ebay in various colors. Has anyone seen/tried one of these

I believe the the TPU coil bumpers on Ebay are 3D printed as well. I've seen that quite a few water hunters have just spray painted their coil covers a bright color and they seem to work fine. Cheap and easy to touch up as needed. Just a thought.

Just ranting here, but I miss the simplicity of the Vanquish working with my regular airpods. For my needs it would be great if XP made ear bud style headphones for their detectors. I've looked into alternatives, but whatever's out there for wireless cans is bigger and/or more awkward than the WS6.