Greetings From New Hampshire, Usa!

Dirtshark

Hello!

I am just starting out metal detecting. My detector is the Nokta Makro Legend, my first real detector. I live in Southern NH. 

So far I have done a little detecting on a farm but that permission isn't working out. So I have been going to parks, local hiking trails, the woods. 

Best find so far was an OX Knob and an Indian Head penny. 

I will be at BONE 29 in April. 

Biggest challenge is of course, getting permissions. It seems like I am going to have to do some door knocking. 

Anyway, shout out to all my NH diggers. Nothing better than digging a hole in NH. lol

Anyone want to share a sweet permission, let me know! 🙂

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Dirtshark said:

Hello!

I am just starting out metal detecting. My detector is the Nokta Makro Legend, my first real detector. I live in Southern NH. 

So far I have done a little detecting on a farm but that permission isn't working out. So I have been going to parks, local hiking trails, the woods. 

Best find so far was an OX Knob and an Indian Head penny. 

I will be at BONE 29 in April. 

Biggest challenge is of course, getting permissions. It seems like I am going to have to do some door knocking. 

Anyway, shout out to all my NH diggers. Nothing better than digging a hole in NH. lol

Anyone want to share a sweet permission, let me know! 🙂

Sure, come in down to VA 🤣

Only about 15 hours I used to live in northern CT, and another 3 at the traffic jam in Fredericksburg.

Seriously, see a a farmer out in the field, or a homeowner out in the yard at a house you have your eye on, stop, compliment their place first, and ask.

The most important thing to do is let them talk about the place, no matter how long they talk. You have to do that again if they come out while you're there too. Not only will you get background history, but you will make a friend, and they will not only refer you to to other places, they will bend over backwards to think of other hunting places for ya. This works in the South, a little respect goes a long way. If you're arrogant, pushy, or impatient, you're toast. Respect and honor is everything.

I have not yet been turned down. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a trustworthy looking geezer, maybe it's the fact that I spent most of my career getting good deals on network equipment, and was a technician. Maybe it's both. 😀 I sure ain't good looking.

Welcome to the forum, and I wish you the best of luck. Great handle, BTW. 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome to the forum, and I wish you the best of luck. Great handle, BTW. 🙂

Thanks! it was between that and TerraFirma 🙂

And thank you for the tips! Nice to know how other people handle permissions. 

• Like 1

Welcome from East Texas. You & The Legend will get along fine.

Welcome aboard from uptah camp , Oh Ayuh !

That Legend should treat ya good once you learn it's language.

Lots of advice and info already posted , enough to keep you busy for years ..

Check here first 

And the N/M forum  https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/38-nokta-makro-metal-detectors/

Ask questions as you have them on anything you don't see or want an update on.

Enjoy the read and good luck on your hunts.....

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see and hear some of your stories on your finds.

Good luck and good hunting.

Thx all. 

Went out today to detect on my sisters property. There is a lost 24k ring somewhere on the land, didn't find it.

But I took my daughter 16 and let her use my old detector. We didn't find much but she liked it and she doesn't like doing well, much, lol. Funny thing is she kept getting good targets with that old noname detector. I was laughing about that. 

So we drove home talking about the old fields we were driving past, planning our next adventure. 

So I found a different kind of treasure. The best kind. 

• Like 2

Hey Dirtshark,

Don't be afraid to create a new post with a great story like that! That could easily go in jewelry forum. 🙂 No need to use meet and greet. They had to throw me out of here a while back 🤣

You never know what will inspire the youngun's. 👍 Glad you found something. Looking forward to your future adventures. 🙂

• The title was changed to Greetings From New Hampshire, Usa!