Back To The Drained Pond

Wow, that's a nice haul! That shoe buckle looks to be in great shape. Are the earrings, tie clasp, and spoon silver? Man you have some massive stamina to dig all that. I've followed your other posts and you are the Energizer Bunny of diggers! 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's quite a story.  And quite a lot of work! I see you got a Merry widow tin, an amusing find. 😀

Now I want to know who brought their train set to the pond... 🤔

• Like 6

Very nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, that's a nice haul! That shoe buckle looks to be in great shape. Are the earrings, tie clasp, and spoon silver? Man you have some massive stamina to dig all that. I've followed your other posts and you are the Energizer Bunny of diggers! 😎

Thanks. The shoe buckle was preserved in the pond muck. It also had a brass pin instead of the iron pins most buckles had. So it still swivels like it should. No such luck on the spoon though....silver plate. Bummer 😄 I get lost in the moment of detecting and just don't realize on how many targets I did. I just keep wandering around hoping to find something to make the effort worth the while. That buckle and ring made it all worth it.

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

That's quite a story.  And quite a lot of work! I see you got a Merry widow tin, an amusing find. 😀

Now I want to know who brought their train set to the pond... 🤔

Ahhh the Merry Widow tin  🥰. Not only did I find out what went on there in that secluded section, but if you look close on the bottom left of the junk picture (white square) you can see the new version of that Merry Widow tin too. 😆 Time moves on but nothing changes. The train set is probably part of the junk that the houses above threw out, along with about 20 golf balls. Some people use the steep banks to get rid of their trash. 🤬 There is so much trash in that pond. They already removed all the stolen vehicles that they found there when they first drained the pond.

2 hours ago, JCR said:

Very nice.

Thanks JCR

• Like 2

It's a shame they removed the cars, you finding a car with your GPX would have made an amusing post.

You're doing so well with your hunts, the most motivated digger I've seen.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

It's a shame they removed the cars, you finding a car with your GPX would have made an amusing post.

You're doing so well with your hunts, the most motivated digger I've seen.

Thanks. I think I have to get a bigger pouch for those cars 😄 It would have saved the city a lot of money.... I bet it was a project to get all of those cars hauled out. They go in a lot easier than they go out 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow, you dug a lot of stuff. Besides the great gold ring and other stuff, I like the old bottle opener.

• Like 1

I don't think back in day I would have bought a tin of the "3 Merry Widows" because of the "Selected Tested" part on the tin, who would want a condom much less 3 of them that has been tested!!! :89: :th:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Wow, you dug a lot of stuff. Besides the great gold ring and other stuff, I like the old bottle opener.

Yeah I dig a lot, it's mindless work that can give me nice stuff 😄. I use it as therapy for the fact that I am not rich and retired yet 😭 That bottle opener may be older, but the design has remained relatively the same for many years. I have found them in a picnic area I used to do that ran from the 1890's through the early teens. Got to love this hobby!!

1 hour ago, Gold Seeker said:

I don't think back in day I would have bought a tin of the "3 Merry Widows" because of the "Selected Tested" part on the tin, who would want a condom much less 3 of them that has been tested!!! :89: :th:

I wonder what the people that test them tell their kids when they ask them "what do you do for work daddy?" 😳  Yeah, makes you wonder how much damage a disgruntled employee can do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2