The Legend Update V1.06

The V1.06 update is now available on NM website.

• Like 6

Yep, plenty of stuff fixed too, including many peoples bugbears.

Updates Made:

1. Beach Mode Multi-W and the Pinpoint in this mode has been improved and updated.
2. Bluetooth headphones pairing criteria have been updated. The device will now search for the headphones it has been paired with initially and try to connect to those. This will prevent the device from connecting to other Bluetooth devices when the Bluetooth setting is on. If you want to pair the device with different Bluetooth headphones (other than those it was initially paired with) you must delete them from memory as explained in the manual.
3. The sensitivity value will now be displayed also in the Target ID section.
4. The ground phase value calculated through automatic ground balance as well as tracking will now be saved.
5. Multi-1, Multi-2, Multi-D, Multi-W frequencies will now be saved. The device will start with the last frequency used.
6. The default Number of Tones for Park and Beach modes have been changed to 2.
7. The default Tone Volume level of ferreous tone has been updated per each mode.
8. The Ground Balance menu icons and the tones have been updated.
9. The battery bar levels have been updated to be more linear.
10. Bugs have been fixed.

They did the usual programmer thing with "bugs have been fixed" not listing which bugs 🙂 That usually means they were embarrassing ones! 😛

It's evolved a lot since it came out, the wonders of USB updating, something that is just vital in any modern detector.  In detectors without USB updating you just know there are problems that will never be fixed as its all too hard, they'll just be fixed in a new model in the future which is proven by some machines from the paint job company, you can check your firmware version and it varies by when you bought the detector but the older ones don't have a way to update their detector, maybe they could post in it, not always viable.   Nokta has embraced USB updating like no other, their detectors get a lot of updates and it's great for the end users.

Here is Dilek's update video on this new firmware update which she calls the beach update.

• Like 7

I'm ever so tempted to give a Legend a try, with the lackluster performance of the other new kid on the block on gold nuggets the Legend seems a better fit for me.  I hope Nokta are going to introduce some coils for nugget hunters, the 6" round in the pro pack is OK but just a duplicate of the "competition" so to speak, but if they want to cause a stir they need to do better, a solid epoxy filled 6.5x3.5 and a 10x5" solid coil would really get me excited,  and bring on the concentric coils in the similar or same sizes!  They have an opportunity here, I hope it's not wasted.  You can only drop so many hints hoping they'll take notice.

• Like 4

So quick update on wet sand with the new update. 

Beach Mode, Multi Wet, Sens 22, Stability 2, Recovery 4, the Legend is very stable. Pin-point does seem to be working better. Never noticed any bugs on mine, so can't say if any have been ironed out. 

I got a soft repeatable tone, scraped off some sand, and yep, definitely a target. I had to have three digs at it before I got it out of the hole, and it was a very crusty half a pull tab. I was expecting a big coin or half a can at that depth, so that was impressive. 

Just wish the beaches were not so sanded in at the moment. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

So quick update on wet sand with the new update. 

Beach Mode, Multi Wet, Sens 22, Stability 2, Recovery 4, the Legend is very stable. Pin-point does seem to be working better. Never noticed any bugs on mine, so can't say if any have been iron out. 

I got a soft repeatable tone, scraped off some sand, and the yep definitely a target. I had to have three digs at it before I got it out of the hole, and it was a very crusty half a pull tab. I was expecting a big coin or half a can at that depth, so that was impressive. 

Just wish the beaches were not so sanded in at the moment. 

Have you noticed a loss of depth with the new 1.06 update??

I have been reading a couple peoples post on the new update saying the depth they are now seeing is half what it was before the new update not sure they are being straight though

I have installed the new update but have not had a chance to get out since I installed the 1.06 update 

the one thing I have noticed on my Legend is I now have a battery meter on the screen that was not there until I updated to the 1.06 version I never could figure out why there was no battery level indicator on the screen when I was detecting, the only time I would see a battery meter was when I was charging the Legend, which I always thought that was odd I just carried the spare battery under the arm Cuff to be safe and it never seemed to affect anything, I am starting to believe it was a bug on my Legend because no one including myself never reported anything about there not being a battery meter while detecting I just took it as that is the way Nokta/Macro intended it to be LOL but I am realizing now it was always supposed to have a battery meter on screen while you are detecting

3 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I have been reading a couple peoples post on the new update saying the depth they are now seeing is half what it was before the new update not sure they are being straight though

Appreciate you putting this out there, but since these are serious issues, if true, it would be helpful if you gave a little more detail (or ideally links) as to the origin or nature of these "posts" otherwise this just really results in spreading rumors and hearsay without objective evidence and that just creates confusion and angst amongst Legend users.  Saw a similar situation take place with a recent Deus 2 update and the confusion was caused by XP not exercising version control discipline (there were no less than three different update files with different date stamps but they all referred to the same update file version number).  Eventually traced the issue to an update that was released and then quickly pulled back by XP without fanfare or comms to the community so users had to do the detective work with screen shots of the installed firmware.  Bottom line, the more facts you can provide, especially on the sources of these claims, the less guesswork for everyone else involved.  Thanks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Have you noticed a loss of depth with the new 1.06 update??

I have installed the new update but have not had a chance to get out since I installed the 1.06 update 

the one thing I have noticed on my Legend is I now have a battery meter on the screen that was not there until I updated to the 1.06 version I never could figure out why there was no battery level indicator on the screen when I was detecting, the only time I would see a battery meter was when I was charging the Legend, which I always thought that was odd I just carried the spare battery under the arm Cuff to be safe and it never seemed to affect anything, I am starting to believe it was a bug on my Legend because no one including myself never reported anything about there not being a battery meter while detecting I just took it as that is the way Nokta/Macro intended it to be LOL but I am realizing now it was always supposed to have a battery meter on screen while you are detecting

Well I see depth as relative to settings. To achieve the level of stability I have now with the previous software I would have to drop my sensitivity down to 14, and have Stability on 5, and there would still be the odd loud chirp. With the settings I can run now, I'm confident I've actually gained depth. There is still plenty of wiggle room if you want to increase the sensitivity and run the machine a little hotter which is how it should be. Can't give a more detailed answer to that as I've only done about 1.5hrs with it, so more use is required at different locations to get a better feel for it. 

• Like 1

As for the battery level meter, sorry but I never noticed if it was missing or not, but pretty sure it was always there for me. 

Mine always had a battery meter. It seems slightly larger now.

What I have noticed on this V1.06 update is the Auto Ground Balance works much more precisely & quicker. You now have a discernable high & low tone that smooths out to about even to almost gone. This is as it should be. The new number display is nice.

What is not as it should be is something is now strange with the Iron bin(Z1) tone. In a detecting mode it is broken up so bad it is basically not audible. This is with NO disc whatso ever (A) & that bin's volume turned on/up. I still get a TID just no real audio. This is not good.

Also related is there is now No ground feedback when the ground balance is off it's mark. I can run it +/- 20 points and get no clue in a detecting mode running NO disc (A). This is not good either. I monitor ground balance by ear as I detect.

I'm sure NM will get it all lined out. It must be very complicated to get all these inter-related things working together as they are intended.