The Legend Update V1.06

All I can add is the Pro Packs haven't even arrived in Australia yet, and Nokta have already put out 2 updates, which has addressed and improved a lot of things already. I'm sure they are not done yet. 

• Like 3

My legend came last week, I've used it once. So far I'm impressed, without realizing it I had cranked the sensitivity up to 28, in comparison with my deus I cannot go above 89, the nox was usually at 16-17. The legend was quiet as a mouse, I changed the sensitivity down to 20 after digging 14 inch holes and still not finding the target, this would be okay if it was winter and we had lots of rain, but  the Arizona desert leave it almost impossible to dig more than 4-6 inches in any park this time of year without a backhoe.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Appreciate you putting this out there, but since these are serious issues, if true, it would be helpful if you gave a little more detail (or ideally links) as to the origin or nature of these "posts" otherwise this just really results in spreading rumors and hearsay without objective evidence and that just creates confusion and angst amongst Legend users.  Saw a similar situation take place with a recent Deus 2 update and the confusion was caused by XP not exercising version control discipline (there were no less than three different update files with different date stamps but they all referred to the same update file version number).  Eventually traced the issue to an update that was released and then quickly pulled back by XP without fanfare or comms to the community so users had to do the detective work with screen shots of the installed firmware.  Bottom line, the more facts you can provide, especially on the sources of these claims, the less guesswork for everyone else involved.  Thanks.

Well put, Chase.  I will second what Chase is saying here and put it a different way: let's everyone please let Nokta/Makro get the Legend out of the gate.  Every time that they issue an update these unsubstantiated rumors seem to surface.  Personally I would be very surprised if any manufacturer would release an update on a detector that reduced the depth to 1/2.  Look at the Deus II.  When a software revision was issued only to create larger TID numbers, immediately stories about reduced performance surfaced that ultimately turned out to be bunk.

So please everyone, with the Legend, if you install the update, use it first.  For more than an hour in a test garden.  Then post some relevant testing or better yet, how about posting what you found?  That's what I'm interested in, what the thing finds.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Well put, Chase.  I will second what Chase is saying here and put it a different way: let's everyone please let Nokta/Makro get the Legend out of the gate.  Every time that they issue an update these unsubstantiated rumors seem to surface.  Personally I would be very surprised if any manufacturer would release an update on a detector that reduced the depth to 1/2.  Look at the Deus II.  When a software revision was issued only to create larger TID numbers, immediately stories about reduced performance surfaced that ultimately turned out to be bunk.

So please everyone, with the Legend, if you install the update, use it first.  For more than an hour in a test garden.  Then post some relevant testing or better yet, how about posting what you found?  That's what I'm interested in, what the thing finds.

Bill - DSMITH followed up with some great specific information on what people, including himself, were seeing during the update and afterwords which shed some light on the possible issues being reported.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bill - DSMITH followed up with some great specific information on what people, including himself, were seeing during the update and afterwords which shed some light on the possible issues being reported.

I made a suggestion to the person that put that post up on Tnet, I suggested they re do the update again, I believe some of us had a glitch when downloading the 1.06 update initially so I also suggested to that poster to delete his first download of the 1.06 update and re download it before re installing the update

• Like 1

I tried to update my Legend for 4 hours yesterday. I used the same Windows laptop that I used for Multi Kruzer, Gold Kruzer and Simplex updates along with two different Macs. I could never get the computers to recognize that my Legend was plugged in to them even after downloading the USB port drivers that are linked on Nokta Makro’s website download instructions. I have noticed that my charging/data cable has had some issues during charging……mainly that sometimes my Legend will power up randomly during charging. So maybe I have a wonky charging/data cable. Hopefully the problem is not in the control unit.

• Oh my! 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I tried to update my Legend for 4 hours yesterday. I used the same Windows laptop that I used for Multi Kruzer, Gold Kruzer and Simplex updates along with two different Macs. I could never get the computers to recognize that my Legend was plugged in to them even after downloading the USB port drivers that are linked on Nokta Makro’s website download instructions.

Did you disable USB selective suspend Jeff on your USB host controller and USB root hub?1754456863_USBUpdate.jpg.abd028e20f90fb88f933b70aba5173de.jpg

It seems their driver has issues that make windows aware the USB port is in use so Windows can power down the port thinking it's not being used which causes the Detector to drop out.  Not necessarily Nokta's fault, more to do with their choice of the CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port chip as their USB Host connection method.

They're commonly used in hobby projects.

usb-host-board-cp210x-500x500.jpg.9a13a3666027d200b66b4a9a4d429183.jpg

First software update for me was a breeze. Doing the 1.06 update, my laptop was not recognizing that the Legend was connected. I downloaded those USB drivers and then it worked fine. 

yea, make sure you reboot after doing the USB drivers before plugging the Legend back in too.

Since I was having "issues" after my V 1.06 update, I deleted the computer file, re downloaded & re updated mine. I was very careful.    My Legend went back to V 1.05!  I checked & yes it was the correct file I used. Weird,  but I am going to leave it as is until the IB update & the Threshold levels as heard thru the supplied BTHPs is addressed. Overall I'm very pleased with the machine.