The Legend Update V1.06

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Appreciate you putting this out there, but since these are serious issues, if true, it would be helpful if you gave a little more detail (or ideally links) as to the origin or nature of these "posts" otherwise this just really results in spreading rumors and hearsay without objective evidence and that just creates confusion and angst amongst Legend users.  Saw a similar situation take place with a recent Deus 2 update and the confusion was caused by XP not exercising version control discipline (there were no less than three different update files with different date stamps but they all referred to the same update file version number).  Eventually traced the issue to an update that was released and then quickly pulled back by XP without fanfare or comms to the community so users had to do the detective work with screen shots of the installed firmware.  Bottom line, the more facts you can provide, especially on the sources of these claims, the less guesswork for everyone else involved.  Thanks.

well one of them I read was on treasurenet what I posted up was what I read, and thus my question that I posed to phasetech I have not been out with my Legend since installing the 1.06 update, so I can not tell you if less depth is going on or not and I really do not appreciate being accused of spreading rumors, I posed a question based on what I read on another forum.and I stated such

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

well one of them I read was on treasurenet what I posted up was what I read, and thus my question that I posed to phasetech I have not been out with my Legend so I can not tell you if less depth is going on or not and I really do not appreciate being accused of spreading rumors, I posed a question based on what I read on another forum.

First of all, no one is accusing anyone of anything so calm down, I even mentioned how it was appreciated you posted mention of the issue.  Just asking that folks provide as much detail as possible about the source and the circumstances of the reported depth loss - you didn't mention Tnet in your OP so no one had any way of knowing where your got your info.  Also, no details related to the circumstances of the depth loss you read about were provided.  The update supposedly targeted Wet Beach mode.  With no  mention of modes affected, whether the people reporting it were beach hunting or land hunting, etc. we have no idea what to look out for with respect the potential issues nor can we evaluate the reliability of whoever posted that information.  Like I said, posting as much info, facts, data, as possible just helps everyone figure out if the issue has merit.  People use this information to decide whether they want to be experimental guinea pigs on a new update or whether they want to sit back and see how it shakes out. If the posts you read had no facts, then that is useful info as well to help people decide how reliable the information is in the posts where you originally got the info.  We're all in the same boat, just trying to gather as much factual information as possible, simple as that.  When someone just mentions an update is causing loss of depth or sensitivity (or any other signficant performance decrement), it gets folks pretty excited (and not in a good way), so the more info the better.  It's not a gotcha or integrity thing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

First of all, no one is accusing anyone of anything so calm down, I even mentioned how it was appreciated you posted mention of the issue.  Just asking that folks provide as much detail as possible about the source and the circumstances of the reported depth loss - you didn't mention Tnet in your OP so no one had any way of knowing where your got your info.  Also, no details related to the circumstances of the depth loss you read about.  The update supposedly targeted Wet Beach mode.  With no  mention of modes affected, whether the people reporting it were beach hunting or land hunting, etc. we have no idea what to look out for with respect the potential issues nor can we evaluate the reliability of whoever posted that information.  Like I said, posting as much info, facts, data, as possible just helps everyone figure out if the issue has merit.  People use this information to decide whether they want to be experimental guinea pigs on a new update or whether they want to sit back and see how it shakes out. If the posts you read had no facts, then that is useful info as well to help people decide how reliable the information is in the posts where you originally got the info.  We're all in the same boat, just trying to gather as much factual information as possible, simple as that.  It's not a gotcha or integrity thing. 

here is one post I read on treasurenet.

U.B.

I installed the update, per the instructions. I turned the machine, off, and back on. I can see that it updated to 1.06. I go out to the test area, and run it through the modes. Field Mode read as Field 0, but would cycle through the single frequencies, and back to Field 0.
Park, Beach, and Gold Field we’re normal. I turn it off, and on again, and Field Mode now has Field 1 & 2.
However, it only has half the depth as before the update; no matter the discrimination, sensitivity, noise cancel, or ground balance.
I’m a little perplexed. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

I posed a question to this person and they have not responded back to my question

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

here is one post I read on treasurenet.

U.B.

I installed the update, per the instructions. I turned the machine, off, and back on. I can see that it updated to 1.06. I go out to the test area, and run it through the modes. Field Mode read as Field 0, but would cycle through the single frequencies, and back to Field 0.
Park, Beach, and Gold Field we’re normal. I turn it off, and on again, and Field Mode now has Field 1 & 2.
However, it only has half the depth as before the update; no matter the discrimination, sensitivity, noise cancel, or ground balance.
I’m a little perplexed. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

I posed a question to this person and they have not responded back to my question

Great info, thanks.  Sounds like the update is glitchy (the Field "0" thing) or there was some problem with how his machine loaded the update.  If I were that guy, I'd simply start over and attempt to reload the update.  Let us know if he responds to your inquiry.  Also, if we experience the Field 0 thing when updating could be a warning flag.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great info, thanks.  Sounds like the update is glitchy (the Field "0" thing) or there was some problem with how his machine loaded the update.  If I were that guy, I'd simply start over and attempt to reload the update.

I will say I had issues when I tried to do the 1.06 update initially on my Legend

I ended up having to delete the first download of the new 1.06 update and then go in and re download it a second time the first download acted like it did not download correctly so I deleted it and downloaded a second time once I re downloaded it, it installed but I had to use a different USB port on my laptop from the one I used to install the first 1.05 update.

there is at least one thing I do not care for on the new update with the original 1.04 and the first update 1.05 I was able to pair several different sets of ear buds to the legend with no problems, all be it it will only connect to one pair at a time, it allowed me to carry 2-3 pairs of ear buds with me that I had already paired with the legend when out detecting once one set lost power I could pull another set out of my pocket and they would pair up and I could continue on detecting now with the new 1.06 version it will only pair with one set you have to delete the current paired set before a second set will pair up, which makes it a pain to have to stop and delete one set to allow pairing with the next set 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I will say I had issues when I tried to do the 1.06 update initially on my Legend

I ended up having to delete the first download of the new 1.06 update and then go in and re download it a second time the first download acted like it did not download correctly so I deleted it and downloaded a second time once I re downloaded it, it installed but I had to use a different USB port on my laptop from the one I used to install the first 1.05 update.

there is at least one thing I do not care for on the new update with the original 1.04 and the first update 1.05 I was able to pair several different sets of ear buds to the legend with no problems, all be it it will only connect to one pair at a time, it allowed me to carry 2-3 pairs of ear buds with me that I had already paired with the legend when out detecting once one set lost power I could pull another set out of my pocket and they would pair up and I could continue on detecting now with the new 1.06 version it will only pair with one set you have to delete the current paired set before a second set will pair up, which makes it a pain to have to stop and delete one set to allow pairing with the next set 

Great additional info thanks.  

I get what you are talking about with the bluetooth headsets.  It now works like the Equinox.  I guess the downside to the wild, wild west pairing with any headset it sees first was that users must have been experiencing issues with it connecting to bluetooth headsets they did not want it to pair with or old headsets they had previously paired it with.  Funny, I couldn't get it to see anything other than the headset it was supplied with.

• Like 1

Also the one thing I like is now I have a visible battery meter that was not there initially  LOL which like I stated always seemed odd, I believe it was a bug why I was not seeing the battery level indicator I had to litteraly be charging the Legend for the battery level indicator to be visible again I always thought that as odd but never questioned it because I thought that it was supposed to be that way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great additional info thanks.  

I get what you are talking about with the Bluetooth headsets.  It now works like the Equinox.  I guess the downside to the wild, wild west pairing with any headset it sees first was that users must have been experiencing issues with it connecting to Bluetooth headsets they did not want it to pair with or old headsets they had previously paired it with.  Funny, I couldn't get it to see anything other than the headset it was supplied with.

Chase one of the explanations Dilek gave was people were having issues with the legend pairing with peoples phones that had an active Bluetooth near the person using the legend it kept pairing with non users phone if the Bluetooth was active on the phone

• Like 2

Makes you wonder how something like that could possibly be missed during however many months or years of testing.  And precisely the reason Bluetooth devices are configured like they've adjusted it to in the new update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Makes you wonder how something like that could possibly be missed during however many months or years of testing.  And precisely the reason Bluetooth devices are configured like they've adjusted it to in the new update.

yes it does make you wander phrunt, I just chalk it up to lack of attention on someones part could have been a Friday and the person was watching the clock waiting to get off work who knows, I am sure it will all get sorted out in the end as far as the Legend I am very happy in what I am seeing so far, the updates are obviously fixing bugs because I now have a battery meter while detecting which was not there until the new 1.06 update, how does someone get that wrong LOL

• Like 2