A Fun PI Project,

Guest Paul (Ca)

Guest Paul (Ca)

Squeezed in a few hours this afternoon to complete a neat Pi project, the Pistol Probe. 

Also want to take the time to thank Gary Storm of Detector Pro for creating the Pistol Probe, Thank you Gary the pistol probe is one powerful pi. 

And Finnfoto for encouraging me to finish the neat gadget, thanks finnfoto! 

Well, Here it is the Pistol Probe converted into a pi detector. Yet, Retains the probe usage with adding back the Probe portion.... Was trying to retain the cool Pistol Probe appearance yet be able to shorten it up a little, hacked off the original Probe portion and added a connector. Using a Uniprobe probe stem allowed the project to work, just remove the Probe and connect the 10" 15us pi coil for pi detection.

Was comparing this project with my HH Pi, both air tested the same and with the GrayGhost headset audio bangs out loud and clear. Only portion I hated was using an 1/8" headphone plug, had too no room for a regular size plug. None the less it may be the perfect solution, small yet effective allowing the GrayGhost headset to plug in. 

Three ways to use this, mounted on the S-handle, or hip mount inside a pouch or auctally it's small enough to fasten to the outer headset band if one wants to wade deep in water. 

Tomorrow, Sometime in the afternoon will hit a dry river bed. Should do well since both the Pistol Probe and HH Pi share the same 15us circuitry. 

Could have chopped it up into a smaller version, but that would destroy the neat Pistol Probe appearance. This was important, Maintain the neat stock appearance. 

I'll share tomorrows finds, thanks for taking a peek. 

Paul 

IMG_20160326_192149.jpg

IMG_20160326_192252.jpg

IMG_20160326_193534.jpg

IMG_20160326_192447.jpg

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks AU-Solitude,

Auctally, tomorrow will be it's first hunt. A local dry fresh water river bed, mineralization is extreamly terrible our VLF are gutless. Anything beyond 2-3 inches down IDs as iron with VLF, Pi's show no mercy depth is no problem with a good pi.

I'll post tomorrow's finds whatever they may be.

Thanks again,

Paul

Wow, talk about a light, fairly powerful detector that is it.  What did you use for the detector shaft?

Thanks,

Terry

On 3/27/2016 at 9:45 PM, Paul (Ca) said:

Thanks AU-Solitude,

Auctally, tomorrow will be it's first hunt. A local dry fresh water river bed, mineralization is extreamly terrible our VLF are gutless. Anything beyond 2-3 inches down IDs as iron with VLF, Pi's show no mercy depth is no problem with a good pi.

I'll post tomorrow's finds whatever they may be.

Thanks again,

Paul

Well how did you fair when testing your new Pi project?

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks everyone, sorry for the slow reply.

Good and bad things to share with the Pistol Probe project.  Family emergency pulled me away for a few days, but did get out a few trips with the Pistol Probe project at a local river bed.

Scored a couple of silver coins, lots of clad coins no gold though. Had issues the first trial run, went home tweaked it some and although it helped hasn't near my expectations. Tweaked it some more still not perfect, needs more work to handle the mineralized sand.

Wanted to share this, have one more mod to add and that's increasing the SAT.  A lot going on here at home, let me get things settled and will share more in the near future. But did score another silver half, that's two this month.

Thanks for your patience, 
Paul