Check Out This Lock!

That's a very neat lock.

• Thanks 1

That is an interesting lock. Even moreso that it still works! Wonder how many numbers are in the combination. Heckuva chunk of silver. Must have been a fun day. 👍

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

This morning I decided to hit a park the next town over.  I’ve been there twice before, but never got much.  Today was no different.  $1.94 in clad and lots of junk.  On my way home I stopped at my old house permission to see if I could eek out anything good.  First up was part of a silver bracelet.  It’s nice and chunky weighing in at 16.5 grams.  No marks on the piece I got but it’s silver.  Shortly afterwards I got a big signal going up into the low 90s with some iron grunt.  About six inches down I pull out what looked like a lock but it didn’t have a key hole.  After getting home and cleaning it off it’s an old Edwards Mfg Co No Key lock!   What I thought were rivets around the perimeter are little buttons you can still push to one side or the other to set the combination.  I lubed it up and the buttons work.  I’m still reading up on this thing and did find a youtube video of how to figure out the combination, but I’ll have to watch it again as I didn’t follow everything the guy was saying.  Apparently the buttons also rotate and have three equally spaced, very small hash marks that line up with a hash mark on the lock body.  If anyone is familiar with how to open one of these please, by all means let me know.  Lol.  

29887956-036E-4712-87D5-25E4D17801E2.jpeg

292C8F9C-9793-4D84-8146-45EC4E913BD3.jpeg

F109D5C9-2F10-4FA0-875A-5D7A672ED32A.jpeg

D8700EB4-B1AB-48C4-893A-BF220EAF41F9.jpeg

457BA9C4-A817-418A-B3F6-74734325FEB0.jpeg

4A487AEA-D86C-4F49-AF8B-7893EC21F6AE.jpeg

F6CC9D29-A9B4-4994-BD99-FE3AF9266538.jpeg

Wow that thing may be the coolest lock I've laid eyes on! Winner,NCtoad lock of the year!🥇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great hunt, a little bit of everything!  The lock is cool, very early combo lock.  Might be able to find the patent.

• Thanks 1

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Sometimes that site makes me want to join, but fixed income dictates restraint. 😀

• Haha 3

Great find and it should only take a couple of years to figure out the combination.

They were a nice looking lock and were ahead of their time.

Good luck on getting it open and cleaned up.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1