GPX 6000 DD 14” Great For Pellets And Emi

GotAU?

Well, I figured out what that little dimple is on the front end of the 14 inch coil - it makes a perfect nugget holder so they don’t roll off for pictures, and they fit the little dimple perfectly. This thing is really good at finding them, I found patches all over the place, deep ones too!😉

First weekend out with it, And it’s finding birdshot all over the place. At least I’m using it right!

F1E100F9-900C-473E-AC82-470A2975737C.thumb.jpeg.f24946847aacda7bda2accf4e9bcc007.jpeg

I really like this coil and see being on my detector a lot. One thing I figured out with using it, don’t extend it all the way forward, sure makes the front and lighter. It’s also working well with my gear, pick stays in a holder behind me.  I could also use my cell phone for mapping while using the detector, Guess that’s what the DD is best at. 

One other suggestion, I tested it and was able to use an Apple tag on the detector to help track it if it ever gets stolen. I imbedded it in the bottom of the case, and the tag does not seem to interfere with the detector, Even when using the mono coil. Just a thought if you were concerned about somebody “borrowing” it.  If you’re worried about it being on the detector during use, another option is just put it in when you store the detector.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

First weekend out with it, And it’s finding birdshot all over the place. At least I’m using it right!

The 6000 is a birdshot monster! Unfortunately, it just sounds exactly like small gold.

GC

• Like 1

Sooner or later you are going to run across a nice patch that will surprise you.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:22 AM, GotAU? said:

Well, I figured out what that little dimple is on the front end of the 14 inch coil - it makes a perfect nugget holder so they don’t roll off for pictures, and they fit the little dimple perfectly. This thing is really good at finding them, I found patches all over the place, deep ones too!😉

F1E100F9-900C-473E-AC82-470A2975737C.thumb.jpeg.f24946847aacda7bda2accf4e9bcc007.jpeg

I really like this coil and see being on my detector a lot. One thing I figured out with using it, don’t extend it all the way forward, sure makes the front and lighter. It’s also working well with my gear, pick stays in a holder behind me.  I could also use my cell phone for mapping while using the detector, Guess that’s what the DD is best at. 

One other suggestion, I tested it and was able to use an Apple tag on the detector to help track it if it ever gets stolen. I imbedded it in the bottom of the case, and the tag does not seem to interfere with the detector, Even when using the mono coil. Just a thought if you were concerned about somebody “borrowing” it.  If you’re worried about it being on the detector during use, another option is just put it in when you store the detector.

Great!

Another reason to like the 14” DD- it can open up places with powerlines where fewer people could detect before: 

• The title was changed to GPX 6000 DD 14” Great For Pellets And Emi
  • 3 weeks later...

Perseverance is the key. I think I dug 30-40 shot all in a row before snagging a bit last weekend. Ended up having a good session with 9 or 10 bits from a 10m2 area. If there is lots of lead then the ground has not been detected all that effectively! Amazed at how smooth the DD coil runs. Like a different detector.👍👨🏻‍🦯

63E7EC16-01A3-4CFF-8065-C05F42AEA93A.jpeg

• Like 1