Observations Of Nokta And Makro Detectors

I thought the theory was that white is less prone to getting hot in extreme sunlight. There is an expansion/contraction coefficient to deal with that can affect coil performance and white coils are less prone to that issue?

That is the theory I have heard but I still like black anyway. My F75 black I thought was one sharp looking detector and it is a relief that the Racer 2 that replaced it is black also!

• Like 2

Yep, heard that about the white/black coil thing. Just never bought into it. I thought it'd be so miniscule even over extended periods of use.

Then again, Rohan popped the air-release button on the new range of Evo's so there's gotta be something in it.

No glare under sunlight/torch with the darker shade coils...and they clean down better when you detail the unit.

Although most guys wouldn't knock the dust off in the lifetime of the coil/detector.

Yeah but that's square yardage of metal under the sun, not a pound of plastic and gell.

Then again, you probably would have had four hot sheila's in the car with you John...

• Like 1

Was thinking.

Maybe someone who khows what they are doing, could put together a diagram or chart of sorts showing the differences of all these machines. I don't mean a features comparison, I'm thinking task suitability.

I have in my head a suitable diagram which would show the effect of how suitable/strong each detector would be operating in different enviroments, or detecting tasks, e.g. fine gold/nuggets/coin & relic/dry beach /wet beach etc.

I have no clue how to produce it on a computer, but i could draw it out on paper, scan it on to here, then it could be be printed out modified/updated/rehashed more accurately by whoever, (steve?) and rescanned back in. OR, someone with a computer brain bigger than mine could make up a proper digital chart!

It could be for any/all detectors not just MAKRO/NOKTA

Any takers???

thanks jim

• Like 1

When I worked at Minelab one of my jobs was to put the star ratings next to the detectors for different tasks. I really hated it because there is always so many variables! Like if a category is: Jewellery Detecting. I always had a million questions:

Dry sand, wet sand, fine jewellery, large jewellery etc etc

Pretty sure it was used on the back of the Product Catalog - not sure if that ever lived on the website somewhere?? Pretty sure I've seen similar charts from other manufactures too 

• Like 2