Question To Legend Users!

Jeff,   Get a fine point white paint pen to fill in the button details. It REALLY helps you see them.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JCR said:

Jeff,   Get a fine point white paint pen to fill in the button details. It REALLY helps you see them.

Yeah, I got one of those fine point paint pen kits, picked gold, painted in the buttons, and later put the Legend cover on it so I wouldn't wear the paint off, and it seems to be a great combo. At least I can see the buttons in low light or rain, water, etc. 

Great idea, Thank you. 

20220414_123402.jpg

• Like 3

Ground Tracking,   The tracking feature seems to work quite well. No problems still hitting very small targets at good depth in mineralized ground.  What I did notice is that if you switch modes, then switch back the tracking has de activated on the original mode.  Please have each individual mode retain it's tracking status until the unit is powered Off.   Retaining the GB value between On/Off cycles is great though.

• Like 1

I know that iron bias has already been addressed. Please re-examine the FerroCheck feature as it should be giving a more accurate identification of the target, and seems that it doesn't give a good indication of targets at depth, or no indication at all. I guess my main thought would be greater sensitivity, if that would be possible.

Additionally, even at higher recovery speeds it seems that non-ferrous targets are still being masked by ferrous ones that are in high trash environments even when using the smaller 6" coil. 

I know that almost all detectors struggle with bottle caps (non-aluminum). If you could improve on this by providing a setting for bottle cap reject, or possibly incorporated into the FerroCheck analysis of the target. The iron bias, when incorporated, may also improve on this. 

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Did the same thing, but I was wondering why NM didn't do that in the first place.

Personally, I don't look at the buttons when I am detecting. I just need to learn the pattern layout or sequence. My pushing the wrong buttons comes from just using a different layout, not because I can't see them. Hope that makes sense.

When I am detecting for coins and jewelry with the Legend, I press the ground balance button a few times during a hunt and the pinpoint button fifty or more times. I have accidentally hit and held the power button instead of the ground balance button a couple of times and I have hit and held the power button instead of the pinpoint button several times, so I would prefer the power button not be a long press for a full reset so my right thumb's lack of dexterity won't cost me my saved settings!!!

On 4/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

Personally, I don't look at the buttons when I am detecting. I just need to learn the pattern layout or sequence. My pushing the wrong buttons comes from just using a different layout, not because I can't see them. Hope that makes sense.

Jeff, I fully understood what you were saying the first time you stated it in response to Simon (and agree that a long press of the power button for factory reset would be undesirable).  After I have gained the muscle memory, I don't look at the buttons much either (but certainly not never).  But I DO have to learn the button patterns first to gain that semi-automatic feel and the stealth black raised symbol on black button scheme is just perplexing.  Not sure why that was chosen, doesn't seem to be needed for functionality or aestethics so why make it impossible to make out from arms length.  Just hampers the learning process with no obvious upside.  Enable them to stand out sufficiently so you can react with a quick glance.  I don't even care if the factory applied highlight would wear out with time, at least I would have hopefully learned the button pressing combos at that point.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:00 AM, JCR said:

Wouldn't you know... the wife had black and pink paint pens, I'm lazy and cheap so I have pink symbols. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Another suggestion for improvement of The Legend for NM is to allow the Ferro Check display to respond to discriminated iron. Currently with V1.07 if you have notched out a ferrous number, that target is not reflected by the Ferro Check indicator NOR does the detector display a TID. I feel it is very helpful to see(but not hear) what might be being discriminated out. This is especially important when interrogating co-located targets. While the Ferro Check will show both sides on a co located coin & nail even with Disc pattern F it is blank on a isolated nail. Given this, it may not be a big deal the way it is now. I don't think it is a handicap if the ground(TID1&2) are ignored when they are notched out but Iron numbers could be. I would like to see a disc'd TID.

The Ferro Check feature is proving to be very helpful but this behavior may put a limit on it if the operator is using Discrimination.

• Like 1

Dilek,
Sorry to bring an old topic back. After spending some time in the surf, I also ask for a mid size 8-9” round concentric coil. The stock coil gets heavy with sand, especially when working in and out of the water. The hollow spokes get packed.

Round, fully sealed coils slide through the water with far less drag.

Everything else works great. I’m hitting quarters quite deep. The longer middle shaft solved the problem I had with it falling apart. Also the grip has become less slippery in the water after getting roughed up with sand.

Thank you for a great detector