Newbie Says Hi

joneb

No clue what I'm doing here, hope you will excuse my ignorance.

I ran a White's proto type UW detector for some years, I gave it back to the friend that loaned it to me, he then loaned me a Nokta simplex that I used for a few months.

Well he called that back to raise funds for a 15" coil for his Nox 800

So I got somewhat familiar with Simplex and wound up getting a Nokta Legend pro pack so here I am in a brave new world.

I ran the Legend for about a haft an hour at a small park with the 6" coil mostly in park mode, a,g,f and C with the 1.06 update.

CKLv97jHKAcAtUkNpuzlqEStxV4w5yaziAAAAgEM

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum and we hope to read about some of your finds. Please post some pictures of them and of the area as we like seeing nice things and beautiful country.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

I spent about a 1/2 hour at a small park in town today, first real time out with Legend.

Mostly in park mode, in a, f, g, and c. In c I was trying to notch out bottle caps and pull tabs.

• Like 1

joneb

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like your friend has taken you through step one......you're addicted to this !

No matter what detector , you will find people here with one ! (or two...)and quite a few carrying  a pan too.

Much more info and free clues everywhere else. "Dig In" !

Good luck on your hunts.

Oh , speaking of addiction and sharing...Ghost Miner is posting a Miner's Journal you should like too.

As Valen's Legacy said if ya wanta brag , even about the junk you find , we all can take the shock if you wanta share ! LOL😮

Ask any questions you might have and Steve's guides is a good place to start your journey here .  

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Newbie Says Hi
15 hours ago, joneb said:

No clue what I'm doing here, hope you will excuse my ignorance.

I ran a White's proto type UW detector for some years, I gave it back to the friend that loaned it to me, he then loaned me a Nokta simplex that I used for a few months.

Well he called that back to raise funds for a 15" coil for his Nox 800

So I got somewhat familiar with Simplex and wound up getting a Nokta Legend so here I am in a brave new world.

Welcome aboard, joneb. A good start would be reading all the things related to the detector you're going to own.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/38-nokta-makro-metal-detectors/

and you can use the board-search...

and you may post your questions, adventures and finds. There are a lot of members who will help, read and enjoy.

Glad you joined, All the Best.