Good Coil Cable Clamps

I do not care for the Velcro style coil cable straps that every manufacturer gives you to secure you coil cable so I did a search and found something different to secure my coil cable to the detector shaft and they work great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09SZ4L4LR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use something like this, the place I bought mine from isn't selling any at the moment but this guy is selling something similar although his look 3D printed so they likely are substandard.

Mine have been really good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I use something like this, the place I bought mine from isn't selling any at the moment but this guy is selling something similar although his look 3D printed so they likely are substandard.

Mine have been really good.

phrunt are yours a soft silicone rubber also

5 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

phrunt are yours a soft silicone rubber also

No, mine are quite a hard plastic, they claim to be made by Nugget Finder, here is a shop selling them

https://reedsprospecting.com.au/products/nugget-finder-shaft-clips

Nugget Finder Shaft Clips - Helps secure the coil cable to the shaft

Detector Search coil Cable Clips – Come in a pack of 3.

These clips are great and clip right onto the lower shaft of your metal detector. The eliminate the need for Velcro straps or any type of tape to secure the cable to the shaft.

• No need for insulation tape
  • Holds Cable firmly in a straight line
  • Minimises chance of cable noise
  • Quick changeover of coils
  • Take fewer lower shafts on a trip
  • Reduce detector length ,without unplugging coil
  • Suits Nugget Finder, Coiltek, and Commander coils

You will be amazed how simple and easy the coil cable clips are to use.

Each packet contains three clips that fit your detectors lower shaft.

Will work on all Minelab and aftermarket lower shafts.

Clipsthecoilcabletotheshaft_2048x2048.thumb.gif.a1aa391818119cc43d1db1d2c754a52e.gif

• Like 2

I used the Nugget Finders clips when they first came out years and years ago they were great. The silicon one above would be extra good because of the way silicon grip when stretch on the coil rod.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

I used the Nugget Finders clips when they first came out years and years ago they were great. The silicon one above would be extra good because of the way silicon grip when stretch on the coil rod.  

Good thinking, I just ordered 20 black ones to give them a shot on my detectors, I always felt the Nugget Finder? Black ones were a bit rough on the cables, they leave little dents in the insulation, silicone being flexible wouldn't cause those problems.

• Like 3

I'm re-doing my velcro now. 😏

I tried running the wire straight down the shaft as I hate coiling wire up tight.(repeating  like to switch out coils really shortens their lifespan) .but nobody ever called me tall so there was a LOT of extra cable left to deal with up top !

I wrap it around the shaft to take up the slack now 👍, oh well....

Oh BTW , taping coax cable , then coiling it up too,,,,,,eventually ,,,bad idea .

( Learned taping many mic wires together instead of buying a stage snake !) 

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Oh BTW , taping coax cable , then coiling it up too,,,,,,eventually ,,,bad idea .

There's a real skill at knowing what tape to use and how to use it properly.  (Even better, what tape not to use, and more importantly when not to use any tape at all.)  It used to drive me crazy when someone would mis-use tape and I'd be the victim of his/her ignorance.  The wrong tape (of which there are many) on insulation of communication/electrical (e.g. coax) cables is one of the worst abuses!

• Like 1

Thought the plastic ones could chafe the cable. Velcro seems to work ok here. I like the idea of the snake skins (braided tube) but probably a pain if you change coils frequently