A Preliminary Report On The Legend

My legend is 1.05 and is running very well. I've only been in my test garden so far. It's been a cold April in n. MI. Today 41F and high winds.

My ground is very mild and I'm able to run sensitivity at 30. I used 2 tone. I'm not that concerned with id. I set my tone break and don't go by id much. If different modes have different id's. That doesn't bother me.

2 of my test coins I can't get a hit with a couple of my detectors. They are 7" & 8" dimes with not planted iron by them. The Legend hits them easy as does the Equinox 800. I'm impressed with the gold mode on the Legend. It is very powerful and hit the 2 dimes the hardest. It's going to be a great in the lakes and relic hunter.

As soon as I can get out I'm taking it to heavy iron site to see how much iron falsing it has. The Equinox with F2 0 drives me crazy with all the falsing. Videos I've watched on the Legend, I haven't seen much falsing but we don't know where iron mask is set. Right now it is good. I'm happy with it the way it is. 

With the 11" coil, it is heavier than the Equinox but with the shaft shortened and moved in closer it's doesn't feel bad.

I'm looking forward to a real hunt.

• Like 9

The Legend has a lot of nice & useful attributes. 60 tones with a TB of 7 is very good in trash/nails as is 2 tone. The 11" coil is on par with the 6" in separation so far. Really surprising performance, even on tiny targets.

• Like 4

I went to a field close to me I haven't hunted. My Dad told me there used to be a house there. Only hunted for about 15 min with the Legend till I got to cold from the winds.

I tried Park, Field and Gold modes. The Legend ran very quiet and smooth. 

I dug a 22 shell and few pieces rusty tin.

I was surprised how smooth Gold mode ran. I hunted most of time in Gold mode.

I will build some arm muscles with the 11" coil. 

The Legend is doing as good as I hoped.

I forgot to look at ferrous check on the tin.

I’m new to the Legend also. Only my second day and only testing in my yard.  I also am only running V1.05 due to the fact I have neither operating system they say to update with. But, 1.05 seems to be running good and hopefully I will figure out how to get V1.07 downloaded sooner or later. But for now, I’m a happy camper.

• Like 1

V. 107 seems to perform better. Field mode was better for me in my test coins. I happy I did the update.

Maybe a friend will let you use his/her computer for the upload. There are videos that walks you through the download and upload making it easy.

The Legend is powerful detector. Can't wait to get out on a real hunt.

It's going to be cold all week for me. 33F and snowing today.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, Rick N. MI said:

V. 107 seems to perform better. Field mode was better for me in my test coins. I happy I did the update.

Maybe a friend will let you use his/her computer for the upload. There are videos that walks you through the download and upload making it easy.

Borrowed my daughters Laptop (windows) update was Easy Peasy.  Now running 1.07.  Thanks for kickin my butt to do it.   Joe

• The title was changed to A Preliminary Report On The Legend