Legend Version 1.07 Update

The Legend version 1.07 software update is ready for download and updating.

I haven't tried it yet. I will tonight. There are reports coming in that it loaded smoothly so far with no "device not connected" notices during the update procedure.

Good Luck!

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/the-legend/

• Like 4

funny last night I looked at they had taken it down. Today good to go ill give it a shot.

• Like 1

Here is Dileks video of explaining the update, they did the right thing and pulled 1.06 and fixed the bugs in 1.06 and renamed it 1.07 to prevent any confusion so 1.07 is really 1.06 with the bugs resolved.  She urges everyone with 1.06 to update to 1.07 even if they think they're not having problems.

That was a pretty prompt fix for the bad update.

• Like 4

Ive done this update with no problems.  I really like this machine especially the iron rejection of the "Field" mode.  The filtering is sophisticated enough to break up caps nicely.  If anyone wants to demo this get a hunk of rusted tin and go back and forth between "Park' and "Field"--interesting how the iron "lags" more in "Field." The update features a slightly "narrower" sounding pinpoint mode--important for dense iron target testing.  Ive also been surprised by the depth of this machine--GB'ed properly and with a nose cancel its a clean signal that's quiet and reaches way down.

cjc

• Like 5

@cjc.. Have you noticed that the various Multi frequencies seem more robust than the single frequency selections?

• Like 1

Don't really understand your question, JCR but I will say that I liked how the Beach modes both have this nice, solid  "authoritive" sound to them with the low weightings in there. 

cjc

Depending upon your computers hardware and software as well as the OS, it may take several updating attempts before your computers sees the Legend. It will generally take me 7 attempts before the updating process begins. Keep calm and take your time updating.

I did not notice any issues when bench testing the Legend with the 1.07 update. It works just fine.

Also, picked up a 6" coil, works excellent, very happy with the purchase.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cjc said:

Don't really understand your question, JCR but I will say that I liked how the Beach modes both have this nice, solid  "authoritive" sound to them with the low weightings in there. 

cjc

It just seems to me that a deep target hits softer with a single frequency response than when using a Multi frequency.