Legend Version 1.07 Update

50 minutes ago, Joe L said:

Jeff, my update went well but, for the others, can you point out the other problem they are working on, it might help others understand, especially with another update in the future  Joe

Sorry Joe L. I am not going into it any further right now.

I was also having the same issue with the Software update  ..  couldn't figure it out then I decided to plug the USB directly into my PC rather than in the docking station or USB Hub.  Worked flawlessly for me at that point.   I decided to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 and then 1.5 to 1.7.   The nerd in me.

Since the upgrade a week ago I've found four coins a handful of buttons lots of spent ammo rounds.  It seems working much better.  I also switched to a 6" head from 11 and found that i'm digging smaller pits 🙂    The smaller head means more passes to cover the same ground but worth the effort for me..  The Legend is really an efficient tool now I find that I'm covering less ground but finding more targets to dig.  I'm still new with the Legend in coin hunting but I probably dig 20 targets before I get to an actual coin.

• Like 1

Are the people having problems updating the Legend running AMD CPU's?

Over the years the chipsets for AMD CPU's have often been problematic, where as many Intel CPU's ran intel chipsets on their motherboards many AMD CPU motherboards were running a range of 3rd party chipsets from smaller manufacturers in parts of Asia like VIA, SIS and even Nivida have had chipsets that were problematic, they often needed their own USB drivers which were often buggy and caused various issues.

Now AMD on their newer CPU's are having USB problems again, perhaps contributing to these Legend update issues?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-suggest-possible-fixes-for-usb-connectivity-issues

What's interesting is when you're using a USB hub it has it's own USB controller which maybe bypassing the glitch, and motherboards with both USB 2 and USB 3 ports often have two different USB controllers running different drivers which explains why switching port works.

I'm sure Nokta would love to work out why they're having such troubles with USB Updating with compatibility problems between the USB chip used on the Legend to peoples motherboard controllers, the more information they can get might help resolve the issues in the future.

It always makes sense to make sure you're running the latest bios and drivers on your motherboard, so worth looking into.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Are the people having problems updating the Legend running AMD CPU's?

Over the years the chipsets for AMD CPU's have often been problematic, where as many Intel CPU's ran intel chipsets on their motherboards many AMD CPU motherboards were running a range of 3rd party chipsets from smaller manufacturers in parts of Asia like VIA, SIS and even Nivida have had chipsets that were problematic, they often needed their own USB drivers which were often buggy and caused various issues.

Now AMD on their newer CPU's are having USB problems again, perhaps contributing to these Legend update issues?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-suggest-possible-fixes-for-usb-connectivity-issues

What's interesting is when you're using a USB hub it has it's own USB controller which maybe bypassing the glitch, and motherboards with both USB 2 and USB 3 ports often have two different USB controllers running different drivers which explains why switching port works.

I'm sure Nokta would love to work out why they're having such troubles with USB Updating with compatibility problems between the USB chip used on the Legend to peoples motherboard controllers, the more information they can get might help resolve the issues in the future.

It always makes sense to make sure you're running the latest bios and drivers on your motherboard, so worth looking into.

Updated Legend twice with no issue using an AMD Ryzen CPU laptop.

• Thanks 1

Same with me, upgraded good with an AMD Ryzen CPU laptop.

• Thanks 1

We can rule that one out then, thanks guys! it was worth checking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

A couple weeks ago, I posted that I was having extreme difficulty updating my Legend. The folks at Nokta contacted me and we tried to figure it out.  But.. it was a system box issue. They sent me out a new one and we sent the other one back so the tech guys could figure it out.    They were awesome!! Even with the crazy time difference from Turkey to California.. Even while on the road..  Fantastic support!!   wow!! I really appreciate all the folks who made themselves available to me to help discern what the problem was.... Thank you!!!  Nokta Makro rocks!! 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Carolyn said:

Hello, 

A couple weeks ago, I posted that I was having extreme difficulty updating my Legend. The folks at Nokta contacted me and we tried to figure it out.  But.. it was a system box issue. They sent me out a new one and we sent the other one back so the tech guys could figure it out.    They were awesome!! Even with the crazy time difference from Turkey to California.. Even while on the road..  Fantastic support!!   wow!! I really appreciate all the folks who made themselves available to me to help discern what the problem was.... Thank you!!!  Nokta Makro rocks!! 

Carolyn, I'm glad you found this forum and also got the help you needed especially from Nokta Makro.

I also received a replacement Legend system control box from Nokta Makro. Thank You Nokta Makro!!!

I was easily able to perform a software update with this new system box on the same computers and with the same person (me) doing the update procedure. This replacement system control box updated on the first try with all four computers using Mac and Windows platform software, even an ancient Thinkpad running Windows 7. 

So, the problem was an internal issue with my original system control box and not some other issue, like not being able to follow instructions. I am fairly old, slow and stupid but I can still read.......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Carolyn, I'm glad you found this forum and also got the help you needed especially from Nokta Makro.

I also received a replacement Legend system control box from Nokta Makro. Thank You Nokta Makro!!!

I was easily able to perform a software update with this new system box on the same computers and with the same person (me) doing the update procedure. This replacement system control box updated on the first try with all four computers using Mac and Windows platform software, even an ancient Thinkpad running Windows 7. 

So, the problem was an internal issue with my original system control box and not some other issue, like not being able to follow instructions. I am fairly old, slow and stupid but I can still read.......

EXACTLY!!!

• Like 1