Deus II 0.7 Out Now: Live Threshold And More

☠ Cipher

19 minutes ago, Calmark said:

Two steps forward, 1 step back.  Still, XP is making progress overall.  Work out these tone issues and things should look generally good overall.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  The features added in the update are fantastic:  live/reactive threshold, iron tone level adjust in FT, 00 tone fix, BC reject and silencer filter enhancements, notch in GF and Relic and I like the big number display that was pushed out in the “updated” 0.6 firmware.  I saw no need to mess with TID dwell and I am not sure if that is causing the tone-related TID weirdness or a combination factors, but hope they address it soon as I really want those other features.  Gotta keep reminding ourselves that this is still really a beta SW build until we get to the ver 1.X final release.

• Like 2

I don't feel so bad now that I haven't updated. I'm not exactly a computer guy so doing the workaround on my Mac left me frustrated and when I went to my school to get my work computer it wouldn't let me download anything as I don't have administrator rights so until I can find a Windows machine to use I'm sticking with 0.6 which has done me well so far. I hope the new update works for those who are able to use it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Naildiggerpro said:

I did the 7 update today , I had version 6 before didn’t want to update because of all the issues people was having before. Anyways I took it out this evening and it’s frikkin  awesome , I went to a cellar hole and found two  ih pennies and three old wheelies and a nickel all surrounded by TONS of iron, and also this old round eagle plate (not sure what it is)  I was nervous about doing update but it seems good so far 👍

BE1214F4-E1EF-4F22-BB4F-C91C35CA244A.jpeg

Interesting find and has me stumped.  If you could show the fasteners on the back of that Eagle piece might be able to ID it for you.  Seems too small and wrong design to be a CW era cartridge box breast plate. It looks like a military hat, cap, or collar device.  Definitely pre 1902 (not the standard US Army Great Seal emblem).  But I have not come across anything that has anything that resembles that specific emblem.

1 hour ago, Dug said:

Now we get to try the rollback feature😀

One thing is that you will roll back to the “original” Jan-2022 ver 0.6 without the “big TID” feature because I believe they got rid of the 3-11-22 variant of ver 0.6 in the updater that had big TID.  Not fatal, but if you became accustomed to and liked big TID, you might be a little bummed.

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep.  Not touching that update until that issue is fixed.  No way tone choice should be affecting visual target ID.  SMH

I like hunting in full tones anyways so I’ll give this new update a try.  If it doesn’t work out I guess I can roll back to 0.6. 

My unit came 3 weeks ago with the January v0.6 on it.  I guess I could upgrade to the v0.7 now to try it out and revert back to what I'm used to if there are problems.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

One thing is that you will roll back to the “original” Jan-2022 ver 0.6 without the “big TID” feature because I believe they got rid of the 3-11-22 variant of ver 0.6 in the updater that had big TID.  Not fatal, but if you became accustomed to and liked big TID, you might be a little bummed.

I tried the big numbers but never really used them.  I just went  back to v.6 and tested it on the 3 targets again.  It has a much quicker ID response than v.7.  

Even though some of the new features are ones I've thought XP should add and they did, I think I've chickened out for now getting the v0.7.  My current version is working well enough that I'll wait until the issues with v0.7 are solved.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Calmark said:

Even though some of the new features are ones I've thought XP should add and they did, I think I've chickened out for now getting the v0.7.  My current version is working well enough that I'll wait until the issues with v0.7 are solved.

V.7 has some great features indeed and I believe that you may never have an issue if you’re just hunting in clean fields or strictly by tones. However, if you’re wanting to investigate a patch of close targets with the VID, v.7 ain’t gonna work out (yet).