Deus II 0.7 Out Now: Live Threshold And More

☠ Cipher

Ok ran it this weekend and found large ID a little slow in sensitive full tones. Its not terrible because I rely on tones mostly and hover until shown. It is slow to leave the previous ID.

The label beta testers is used too lightly, in regards to true beta testers who received some sort of consideration for doing the service such as free use of software and things of that nature, pertaining to metal detector manufacturers,   the small companies with low budget , seem to be rushing out their products at the consumer's expense, which I feel isn't right, big  corporations minelab, and  XP seem to spend time and research for r&d to get the bugs out before they release their products to the public , I don't want to be a beta tester and spend my hard-earned money, on a product that's not ready for release, that's not fair to the consumers,

• Like 1

I’ve been going back and forth with v.6 and .7.  Aside from the ID lag, v0.7 seems to be a nice next step.  I can’t make my machine (11” coil) duplicate the results TNSS genuinely shows in his videos with the .7 version. For me, V’s .6 and .7 react nearly the same as for VID when a coin of any variety is next to an old iron nail.  The VID results for both versions in all my “tests”  with an old iron nail and various US coins are as follows: tone is reactive and appropriate per audio settings of nonferrous target ranges; the VID is drawn down to 04-09.  

Those results were not effected by changes in iron tone settings or tone selection..tested in general, the 3 sensitive progs, park, and deep HC.  

overall, v0.7 seems a lot more stable around my known emi areas,  seems to have slightly sharper tones, but ID lags.  I’m no expert..just throwing out my observations.  

I just did the V0.7 update, if you plan to do it use the instructions here:

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/ba/the-blog/deus-ii-v0-7-update-instructions.php 

Might save you a problem. They also discuss the changes and show a silencer graph.

There is a minor omission, you have to go into the update screen from the splash screen before turning on and plugging in the WS6. There you can select WS6.

Always hated stuff like that or worse. The instructions for some IBM systems were like:

1. Push the big red button.

2. Before you push the big red button, make sure the power is off...

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I updated to V0.7 yesterday and got about 6 hours of use with it in 2 different parks.  I had the January V0.6 previously.

I briefly gave the new notch feature in Relic Program a try with a notch up to 30, but quickly went to other programs.  I'll have to try it again later, but my sense was perhaps not an ideal program in this spot with a lot of modern trash.

Everything else seemed roughly the same as before.  I generally don't run bottle cap "on", so I can't comment on that.  Quick use of Program 3, "full tones" didn't seem to make targets pop out any better in my severely-mineralized soil, so I went back to my standard Fast program after a brief test.

One problem was definitely the pinpointing feature like I've seen others report.  Sometimes it was way too loud, though many times it wasn't loud enough and I'd even not hear a target with it located while swinging.  

I actually went right back to the original screen from the "large numbers" option.  I guess my eyes are good enough for now to see the ID# at the original size, so that's good news.  :biggrin:

Overall, V0.7 seemed fine to me.  I really do hope the pinpoint function of V0.6 is restored soon.  I use it to check for deeper iron frequently and missed having it work correctly yesterday during my hunts. 

• Like 1

I'm sticking with the January V0.6 that my D2 came with for now, but the pinpoint mode just blows my ears out so I'm not using it as much as I would like. I like to trace target sizes of iffy signals and I'm actually running my headphone volume lower than I would like to prevent hearing damage from the pinpoint mode. I know it supposed to be louder on shallower targets and softer on deeper ones, but pinpoint mode is set way too loud on shallower targets and shouldn't be louder than the loudest signal in the program modes. Maybe XP could limit that loud pinpoint program (shallow) response and increase the faint (deep) response a bit, or at least even it out with the maximum and minimum audio levels of the programs. 

• Like 1

V0.7 pinpoint is just plain bonkers. I tried it after I saw TNSS’s video on it and I had the same results.  Also my MI6 has stayed paired, but I’ve had to cycle the power on it on a few occasions for it to link up to the control