Deus II 0.7 Out Now: Live Threshold And More

☠ Cipher

58 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I did the update. First update for me as I didn’t do the .6 big number update.  A couple of things:  if you’re new to the deus update, after the download follow the icons on the screen in order.  Don’t plug into the usb port until it tells you to!  After two tries I figured that out. Lol. 

The other thing is that my ws6 module somehow became unpaired and I couldn’t get it to pair back up. I finally did get it paired by doing it manually through options.  

I haven’t actually tried the .7 update out yet but hopefully I will tomorrow.  For now both the remote and ws6 puck say v0.7.  

Please see my response up top.

59 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

The other thing is that my ws6 module somehow became unpaired and I couldn’t get it to pair back up. I finally did get it paired by doing it manually through options.  

HA! I did the same thing NCtoad. Yep, I had to pair it manually as well. Maybe we should follow directions better. 😄

Looking at post from another forum, at least one reported they didn’t like the delay in the target ID which as you know folks here wanted a longer dwell of the TID, so XP lengthened the TID delay and now there’s complaint that they acquire multiple targets before the old target ID times   Out. This sounds like a problem to me as I often have a rapid swing. I like that with 0.6 the TID refreshes quickly. What do you think? Did they overcompensate? Could someone estimate how much the TID dwell is with 0.7 versus 0.6.? Is it longer by 50%? 100% ? 200%. Maybe someone can swing back and forth between 2 targets and see if the TID dwell makes you have to slow down your swing to ID each ? 
maybe for TID dwell there should be user choice between V0.6 speed and V0.7 speed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0.7 worked!  I was not able to install the previous update since I was getting "object reference not set to an instance of an object", but with version 0.7, I experienced no error.  Thanks XP!

I even updated my remote using my Linux laptop (using the Wine Windows compatibility layer) and it ran successfully.  Used my wife's Windows 11 laptop for the headphone update, just to test on Windows.

Will hit the woods this weekend to get some experience with 0.7.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Looking at post from another forum, at least one reported they didn’t like the delay in the target ID which as you know folks here wanted a longer dwell of the TID, so XP lengthened the TID delay and now there’s complaint that they acquire multiple targets before the old target ID times   Out. This sounds like a problem to me as I often have a rapid swing. I like that with 0.6 the TID refreshes quickly. What do you think? Did they overcompensate? Could someone estimate how much the TID dwell is with 0.7 versus 0.6.? Is it longer by 50%? 100% ? 200%. Maybe someone can swing back and forth between 2 targets and see if the TID dwell makes you have to slow down your swing to ID each ? 
maybe for TID dwell there should be user choice between V0.6 speed and V0.7 speed?

I updated to .7 last night and briefly swung over some coins and buttons with small iron next to them.  There’s definitely something strange with the TID response in seemingly all tone modes except full tones from what I noticed. 

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

It shouldn't dwell if the machine is acquiring another target, the TID should refresh immediately in that instance.  Haven't d/l'd and tested the update yet but if it is behaving as described, that sounds like an implementation botch.

19 minutes ago, Dug said:

I updated to .7 last night and briefly swung over some coins and buttons with small iron next to them.  There’s definitely something strange with the TID response in seemingly all tone modes except full tones from what I noticed. 

Can you be a little more specific?  Are you saying the visual target ID response (delay as discussed above?) is also affected by the tone ID option selected?

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

It shouldn't dwell if the machine is acquiring another target, the TID should refresh immediately in that instance.  Haven't d/l'd and tested the update yet but if it is behaving as described, that sounds like an implementation botch.

Can you be a little more specific?  Are you saying the visual target ID response (delay as discussed above?) is also affected by the tone ID option selected?

The audible tones responded quickly and accordingly over targets, but the VID seemingly lagged quite a bit. Example: in fast mode swinging over 3 targets (small flat button, modern quarter, and modern nickel) spaced 6” apart, the tones reacted as they should, but the VID of the first target dwelled on the screen while passing over the remaining targets.  In Sensitive FT, the tones and VID both reacted quickly and accordingly over each target. 

im at work currently and cannot experiment further. Disclaimer: I made these observations late last night and did not try all modes or settings.  

31 minutes ago, Dug said:

The audible tones responded quickly and accordingly over targets, but the VID seemingly lagged quite a bit. Example: in fast mode swinging over 3 targets (small flat button, modern quarter, and modern nickel) spaced 6” apart, the tones reacted as they should, but the VID of the first target dwelled on the screen while passing over the remaining targets.  In Sensitive FT, the tones and VID both reacted quickly and accordingly over each target. 

im at work currently and cannot experiment further. Disclaimer: I made these observations late last night and did not try all modes or settings.  

Here’s a video showing full tones with correct id verses the other tone options:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw this video yesterday and decided, despite the new features added, if ID in certain tones is off, its best to wait until that issue gets straightened out for me to get the v0.7 installed. 

Two steps forward, 1 step back.  Still, XP is making progress overall.  Work out these tone issues and things should look generally good overall.

• Like 1