Deus II 0.7 Out Now: Live Threshold And More

☠ Cipher

3 hours ago, Skate said:

I don't feel so bad now that I haven't updated. I'm not exactly a computer guy so doing the workaround on my Mac left me frustrated and when I went to my school to get my work computer it wouldn't let me download anything as I don't have administrator rights so until I can find a Windows machine to use I'm sticking with 0.6 which has done me well so far. I hope the new update works for those who are able to use it. 

I don’t have a computer so I can’t do a update.  For now I just use 0.6 version.  
Working fine for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dug said:

V.7 has some great features indeed and I believe that you may never have an issue if you’re just hunting in clean fields or strictly by tones. However, if you’re wanting to investigate a patch of close targets with the VID, v.7 ain’t gonna work out (yet). 

It's more than just TID dwell/responsiveness, the video above by TNSS showed there was something odd happening with visual TID numbers depending on what type of tones were selected (full tones vs. pitch vs. multitones) despite all performance settings being constant throughout the test.  That should NEVER happen.

• Like 2

I wonder why users find these problems virtually straight away, yet the manufacturers and their testers don't notice them at all with their rigorous testing they do before releasing different firmware versions.    It's happening to both new kids and doesn't really make sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's more than just TID dwell/responsiveness, the video above by TNSS showed there was something odd happening with visual TID numbers depending on what type of tones were selected (full tones vs. pitch vs. multitones) despite all performance settings being constant throughout the test.  That should NEVER happen.

I’m with you. I’m by no means as versed in detectors as many here, but I’ve been around long enough to know that even early releases aren’t this abnormal.  Remember when you couldn’t update a detector and the manufacturer pretty much had to have their crap together before the debut? 

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wonder why users find these problems virtually straight away, yet the manufacturers and their testers don't notice them at all with their rigorous testing they do before releasing different firmware versions.    It's happening to both new kids and doesn't really make sense.

I’m wondering the same thing. The market was/is hot so why not indulge it and leave it wanting. 

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

They must be testing in controlled xero trash environments and very little at that seemingly!? At this point every update it's hard to consider they are doing much testing!

Did alot of testing today on 2 targets and against the nox800! It seems odd,inconsistent or different I dont know exactly what's off! I can get it to better i.d./hit with sensitive changed to ft not sft but swing speed is off from before imo. Like fast doesnt peep,slow bad i.d.,wiggle fastest hits and I'd perfect but have to locate before wiggle so that's an issue! Deephc to sense speeds dont translate same reactivity! Tested tested tested around 4 hours 2 targets then changed to fast full tones and id/hits/fast as I could swing reactivity 2-2.5 absolutely beast mode! Seriously they switched audio with pitch and ft in fast/messed other stuff up completely and hit send! I say this because fast pitch before on jan .6 was this hit dimes under nails any direction and speed and deep as deephc for me I just cant stand pitch and the other tone options did not perform this way! 

I'm conflicted to say the least for depending on several variables still big performance just not right boy when they get it right this thing will be untouchable! Imo let's only say when also!;) 

Just now, Commonwealthdetector said:

Did alot of testing today on 2 targets and against the nox800! It seems odd,inconsistent or different I dont know exactly what's off! I can get it to better i.d./hit with sensitive changed to ft not sft but swing speed is off from before imo. Like fast doesnt peep,slow bad i.d.,wiggle fastest hits and I'd perfect but have to locate before wiggle so that's an issue! Deephc to sense speeds dont translate same reactivity! Tested tested tested around 4 hours 2 targets then changed to fast full tones and id/hits/fast as I could swing reactivity 2-2.5 absolutely beast mode! Seriously they switched audio with pitch and ft in fast/messed other stuff up completely and hit send! I say this because fast pitch before on jan .6 was this hit dimes under nails any direction and speed and deep as deephc for me I just cant stand pitch and the other tone options did not perform this way! 

I'm conflicted to say the least for depending on several variables still big performance just not right boy when they get it right this thing will be untouchable! Imo let's only say when also!;) 

Must be said my yard 8" is edge of detection to not detecting with nox800 park 1,field 2,park 2 just machine limits and D2 is 100% stacking up to exceeding and I ran the nox/D2 both on 4,5ft apart with no issues freq scan nox twice though first time both were bazerk! Also turned it off no changes to anything i could tell!:/

18 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

Must be said my yard 8" is edge of detection to not detecting with nox800 park 1,field 2,park 2 just machine limits and D2 is 100% stacking up to exceeding and I ran the nox/D2 both on 4,5ft apart with no issues freq scan nox twice though first time both were bazerk! Also turned it off no changes to anything i could tell!:/

You should NEVER do tests with two detectors ON and only 4-5 feet apart.  

• Like 1