Deus II 0.7 Out Now: Live Threshold And More

☠ Cipher

28 minutes ago, midalake said:

You should NEVER do tests with two detectors ON and only 4-5 feet apart.  

I understand it can be detrimental that was part of the test as well! Also on/off made NO difference when freq scans were done to points of quite from both units! Freq changing D2 manually has 100% more impact because it changes the machine,I'm not certain to what extent but I notice differences I think! Also went back to the targets of knowledge after previous post, it's not hitting 8" minie ball with stupid fast swing speed but with a fast as any fool( me) would dare to bop around it will hit and i.d. more consistent than nox although I now think btlcap/silencer settings can change i.d's! So pre writing first post I had made programs saved them then tinkered! Well i was getting solid i.d. 81mostly but 81-83 with tight wiggle 81! Charged went back to confirm my confessions and getting 85 so I'm bumfuzzled started checklist bottlecap and silencer were not how i had them when I drew my conclusions (I reckon I baseline saved program before,then fine tuned what I thought was helping!).    Seems the bottlecap thing does stuff for sure a 0 feels open(supposed to) when before imo it did little! I'm not declaring to be the all seeing eye(Midilake the doubtful) bet your ass I can run these things though! And find things!;)

13 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I think it's pretty obvious that customers are the new beta testers. This extends to more than just metal detector companies. A company will get much more encompassing information and faster from actual users than from selected beta testers who may not be motivated to report flaws like actual customers will. But as long as the updates keep coming, which have been put out pretty quickly, eventually we'll get a finished product.

100% agree,growing pains are frustrating but the method as you stated is superior in finding,evaluating and most likely reporting(angry customers)! 🙂

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I think it's pretty obvious that customers are the new beta testers. ...

I agree . Just wondering who are these customers and where they find them . Perhaps in forums or on youtube ..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I understand it can be detrimental that was part of the test as well! Also on/off made NO difference when freq scans were done to points of quite from both units!

You have no way to measure silent EMI. Which WILL happen when detectors are 4-5 feet apart. No tests whatsoever are valid with two detectors on and 4-5 feet apart. PERIOD! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, midalake said:

You have no way to measure silent EMI. Which WILL happen when detectors are 4-5 feet apart. No tests whatsoever are valid with two detectors on and 4-5 feet apart. PERIOD! 

So both motectors smacking stuff isn't a good measurement? Your correct it can happen but in my testing scenario it wasn't having negative effect. I was testing off/on game then I just ran em,after 2 box scans,1 deus2 scan after nox not a damn peep(peeps but no turkeys gobbled!) Then I turned the nox off tested much more it was the same. 

My yard target or the minie ball at 8" is an outlier(my yard is tuff) because I buried a minie and quarter at 9" in my dads yard upon purchasing D2(kids wanted papaw so that's whr testing took place,1 yard away!) Different dirt as this morning walked up smacked these targets outta the park! Day 1 faint depressing/darn sure didn't love it that day considering ol'noxy spanked em! No issues after proper adjustment after using D2 in the wild digging desirables via custom programs and just knowing pwm sounds aren't the beep and dig type! 

May have been making mountians of mole hills on the 8" minie(my yard) as if its tuff for nox it probly should be for D2. I feel like I could hit anything swinging probly to fast before so needing to slow way way down to get solid hits on (simulated locate test). Once located or just swinging/getting hits/I.d. it's not a issue it hits good! The 7"  quarter i can use starship enterprise warp drive even locating! I dont hunt in the wild with this exaggerated swing speed and not exactly sure why its default testing and I'm not whipping the rod(speed as hover/wiggle but full swing is good example) just wanted to state the target may just be that tuff. Again when nox came out I buried 5 objects 8,9 " deep and all were lost! Lol until D2 snagged the quarter and nickel back for me on extremely tuff signals at that! So my yard is tough,I may have been to critical! 

This negativity train rolling downhill on D2/updates may have muddied my thoughts after needing to detect differently to consistently locate that 1 minie ball at 8" which to many may seem easy! Thanks paystreak legend freak I need counseling now,1 darn day my D2 confidence went from moon to hell! Smdh for real I took it out 3,4 hours dug more nails than I had in a week still seems I'm getting 2-5 higher i.d. then before and same as before one can wiggle wop a nail/iron into a good signal pretty easily! My fault on bag full o iron for sure although I can get a good signal on the sorts. If I'd listen to the unit and myself those nails/mushroom tips/fat heads/metal screws(big heads) break,crack,blippety blip enough to know its junk iron good signals hit 2 way solidly every direction none of the herky jerky (as they're supposed to) hopefully I'm not the only nut forcing hood signals!

Gonna take deep breathes,hold my index thumb together sitting indian style and fix my ignorance! Let's get the confidence back and lets go Brandob!

9 hours ago, palzynski said:

I agree . Just wondering who are these customers and where they find them . Perhaps in forums or on youtube ..

Customers are the end users worldwide who purchase the detectors for their own use. They (or we) are quick to report bugs, flaws, and problems. Companies looking to monitor for problems with their product have to look no farther than their own email inboxes and any social media, including this forum. We know that the current "big three" detector companies follow this forum closely, and that's a good thing for all of us.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, Commonwealthdetector said:

Thanks paystreak legend freak I need counseling now,1 darn day my D2 confidence went from moon to hell! Smdh for real

I wouldn’t base my Deus II confidence on Paystreak. His dig it all methodology is better suited to First Texas single frequency or any old beep and dig units. He doesn’t like SMF, and runs all the latest and greatest SMF machines in single frequency mode digging any two way signal he can find. He believes SMF creates more problems than it solves. He also doesn’t like the complexity that would allow you to learn to cherry pick. He’s an entertaining watch at times though. Particularly his commentary on his “struggling” with the Deus II, yet “smashing it out of the park” and “spanking coins out of the ground” with the Legend, both in single frequency beep and dig setups. I can’t relate to “struggling” with the Deus II so far in such a configuration. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I wouldn’t base my Deus II confidence on Paystreak. His dig it all methodology is better suited to First Texas single frequency or any old beep and dig units. He doesn’t like SMF, and runs all the latest and greatest SMF machines in single frequency mode digging any two way signal he can find. He believes SMF creates more problems than it solves. He also doesn’t like the complexity that would allow you to learn to cherry pick. He’s an entertaining watch at times though. Particularly his commentary on his “struggling” with the Deus II, yet “smashing it out of the park” and “spanking coins out of the ground” with the Legend, both in single frequency beep and dig setups. I can’t relate to “struggling” with the Deus II so far in such a configuration. 

The paystreak reference was sarcasm attempted! I dont base my experience on anyone, my brain like most can be corrupted by others opinion/takes/info is all I was attempting to establish! A few hours on a hard target undetectable past 8" with d2 and nox in my yard after update and others negative experience combined for a evening of doubt! Amended and established 100% confidence the next morning by testing!

I cant either and honestly im Not buying none of that crap! I could be very wrong if so I'd be the first to admit and apologize! Paystreak is paid by nokta/makro and this is my logical conclusion from loving/using singing praise of D2 to it doesnt work and legend is best! Blaming new v6 when I saw someone from a forum offer him zip with .6 he praised and he refused it! That's enough evidence for my conclusion and at the very most dignity he's worthy of hes not paid but internally biases are swaying his opinion! Well dignity may not be the word if hes paid to me hell yeah get paid I'm sure he could use it! Just dont muddy up the community when fools will follow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Also I've watched 100's of hours of his, imo he muddies up the nox also! But it is detecting in the real world and imo there is bits of value to be had!