The Legend Update

I finally did the V1.09 & Threshold updates this evening. It was somewhat easier than the previous updates.

My Threshold also was not as it should be at first, even after doing a Factory reset. After powering it down normally the Threshold update took effect on the next start up. It is now audible at 3 in Park, Field & Beach using the Nokta BT headphones. It was 12 before. I am going to set it at 2 for now & play around with in the field.

Be sure and do the Factory reset from the User Profile icon then let it power down & back up normally. If that doesn't work try re installing the update. Be sure V1.09 is already installed.

4 hours ago, JCR said:

I finally did the V1.09 & Threshold updates this evening. It was somewhat easier than the previous updates.

My Threshold also was not as it should be at first, even after doing a Factory reset. After powering it down normally the Threshold update took effect on the next start up. It is now audible at 3 in Park, Field & Beach using the Nokta BT headphones. It was 12 before. I am going to set it at 2 for now & play around with in the field.

Be sure and do the Factory reset from the User Profile icon then let it power down & back up normally. If that doesn't work try re installing the update. Be sure V1.09 is already installed.

JCR I have re installed the 1.09 4 times have also re installed the threshold 3 times did the factory reset each re install and shut the Legend down after each re install to no avail the threshold on my legend still has no threshold at 11 or lower it is only at a setting of 12 or higher can you hear the threshold through the Bluetooth headphones I have even contacted Delik about this she told me to do the same thing as you which like I said I have re installed the 1.09 update and the threshold update several times

what is strange is without headphones connected and just running through the legends speaker the threshold sound is there at all levels 1-10 but there is still no null or clip when going over a target

the new updater tool works really good compared to the first updater tool

• Like 1

That is frustrating. I assume you have the detector's Bluetooth setting at 1 when installing the Threshold update.

I'm glad to have mine updated but am not sure if I will hunt with a background threshold yet. I currently have it set to 2 where it just goes silent. 3 is just a tad too loud. I keep my main volume at 4 to give me some reserve increase is needed. I'm not sure where the headphones themselves are set but I still have some increase there too. I will play around with using an audible TH in the field. I want to know it's effect on depth/sensitivity of targets. I already know it has an effect on audible EMI stability just as the Audio Gain setting does. Fun to play with. The useful adjustability of the Legend is what makes it so effective for me. It will hold it's own against any other VLF out there.

The Threshold tone will only clip/null on Rejected targets. If you run Disc A there will be no nulling. Same with Gold Field(even with Disc/Notches) no null just a reference tone.