Deus2 - 0.7 Update Fail....

Happa54

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

I’m not sure about the botched updates other than I do remember reading or hearing certain windows programs would be a challenge and the instructions mention to use 2.0 and 3.0 ports not 1.0. I myself have no idea the difference between the three. There could be some operator error issues also I suspect. I have been lucky I think as all my updates have gone smoothly except there seems to be software flaws that need to be corrected. 

I had multiple update failures when updating from v0.5 to v0.6.  I switched USB ports and had success. Never a problem since. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Dug said:

I had multiple update failures when updating from v0.5 to v0.6.  I switched USB ports and had success. Never a problem since. 🤷‍♂️

This brings up an interesting point. XP states that you must use USB 2 or 3, and not USB 1, when updating. This is probably because the updater program was compiled for use with more recent hardware using the USB 2 & 3 standard. USB 1 is extremely slow compared to USB 2 &3 which are 10-20 times faster. So if you use a USB 1 port on your computer to update the D2, it will cause data flow problems and probably buffer problems as well, which could lead to some of the issues reported during updating.

So if you only have USB 1 ports on your computer, you will have to use a different computer that has USB 2 or USB 3 ports. Now how do you tell what speed your USB ports are on your computer? Easy, just look at the plastic rectangular tab inside the port. The color of the tab will indicate which type of USB port it is. A White tab is a USB 1 port (cannot be used to update the D2), a Black tab is a USB 2 port, and a Blue tab is a USB 3 port.

USB 3 is backwards compatible with USB 2 so either can be used to update your D2. So check those ports before you plug in the update cable into your computer and make sure the port is Black or Blue inside the opening. It might just save you a major updating headache! HTH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

USB 1 is ancient.  USB 2 came out in 2000 and USB 3 in 2008.  Even a dinosaur like I has newer computers than 2000 vintage.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

This brings up an interesting point. XP states that you must use USB 2 or 3, and not USB 1, when updating. This is probably because the updater program was compiled for use with more recent hardware using the USB 2 & 3 standard. USB 1 is extremely slow compared to USB 2 &3 which are 10-20 times faster. So if you use a USB 1 port on your computer to update the D2, it will cause data flow problems and probably buffer problems as well, which could lead to some of the issues reported during updating.

So if you only have USB 1 ports on your computer, you will have to use a different computer that has USB 2 or USB 3 ports. Now how do you tell what speed your USB ports are on your computer? Easy, just look at the plastic rectangular tab inside the port. The color of the tab will indicate which type of USB port it is. A White tab is a USB 1 port (cannot be used to update the D2), a Black tab is a USB 2 port, and a Blue tab is a USB 3 port.

USB 3 is backwards compatible with USB 2 so either can be used to update your D2. So check those ports before you plug in the update cable into your computer and make sure the port is Black or Blue inside the opening. It might just save you a major updating headache! HTH

I used USB 1.0 on a Mac and it updated fine. TheY must just not want to support 1.0. 

On 4/15/2022 at 3:02 PM, Happa54 said:

Hello Everyone;

Has anyone experienced an 0.7 update fail yet?

I received my update download from XP yesterday.

Ran through the procedures including Gary Blackwell’s update tutorial.

I must have made at least 20-30 attempts and my remote just locks up/freezes.

I’ve gone back and forth between 2 computers and results are the same. Uninstalled & reinstalled software several times, to no avail.

The remote works fine in 0.6 so I can at least use it until I get this problem resolved.

I’ve contacted my distributor and he says he will contact XP for assistance. If there is a way we can circumvent the problem within the remote, then we may have a shot. If not, then he will send me a new remote with a return box back to him.

My distributor also stated that if XP is monitoring the forums, there is a chance they may read this and work through this issue.

I look forward to your feedback.

I wonder if your XP usb cable is bad. 

I noticed in general the USB to device end connectors are not snug and can lose contact if moved. Check LEDs and WS6 moon icon shows charging and don’t disturb. Someone said to pinch connector ends for more snug fit. Might be worth a try. I noticed the WS6 contact is especially loose. 

13 hours ago, Dug said:

Yes,I was using laptop plugged in to the single for connecting media/charging devices/headphones usually right side and nope nope nope! Plugged usb into the ports(usually beside hdmi,etc and 1st go was a successful download v7) 

Idk why but short cord for ws6

This gal seems happy to have her USB 0 update:00xp-floppydisk-superJumbo.thumb.jpg.e2c93370537e32a77775e8bfe31d2a7d.jpg

23 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

A White tab is a USB 1 port (cannot be used to update the D2), a Black tab is a USB 2 port, and a Blue tab is a USB 3 port.

Good information, thank you! I’m having trouble and this might just be why. 

• Like 1