A Three Hour Tour - Beach Hunt Day 1

So let me get this straight 🤔 Your wife sends you out to detect and then she claims the silver ring?? 🤭 Sound like she hired you as her worker 😄 Works that way in every household 😶 Them winds can be brutal. I usually come home red eyed from all that sand. You had some good hunts, so at least you know the beaches can produce there. You should get some good time on the Deus II hunting in the sand. Would be interesting on how deep your deepest good target was at the end of the trip. So did you do it??? ..... try every room 302 in all the hotels 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I think there are only 2 hotels here, it should be easy. May save it because I like one of them 😀 I could use a free stay until they figure it out. 🤣

Thankfully I wear glasses, but I probably shouldn't have worn shorts. Didn't get any sand in my eyes. 👍 I've had worse up in Hatteras. South Beach can be pretty rough here too. This is an eastern beach. There were some spots where there was nothing, others a lot of sand.

My wife claimed the ring and sent me out again 😁

I don't think many know about this beach, it's hard to get to and there is little to no parking. It seemed pretty easy to me to find stuff, I loved it when I got a bunch of 20ish IDs and dug 3 rings, two were junk.

I'm also kinda intrigued... A lot of people bash the Equinox regarding chains. This one was a clear signal, maybe a little broken, I pretty much knew it wasn't a pull tab. 😎 To be fair, it isn't all tiny links.

• Like 5

Bullet sinkers they should have a hole for the line to go through...hope the wind dies down for you guys. You do good with that little coil...imagine what you would find if you decided to use the regular size one 🙂 

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, strick said:

Bullet sinkers they should have a hole for the line to go through...hope the wind dies down for you guys. You do good with that little coil...imagine what you would find if you decided to use the regular size one 🙂 

strick

Thanks for the heads up. Different sinkers in different places. 😁

We will see today, taking the Deus out there to see if I missed anything. The 9" supposedly has no appreciable loss of depth over the 11. Last year I hunted this beach with the 11 and did about the same. Nothing is overly deep.

• Like 2

Great hunt. You didn't get skunked. Got silver. Sharks tooth is nice. Always nice to find a toy car :).

That's a good wind to be blowing the sand like that. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dancer said:

What else is good about your hunt is your appreciation of your surroundings. Nice post.

Thank you. I used to do landscape and architecture photography until I got a studio job doing weddings. Now I just use my cell phone and the photos are ehhhh, but I get a good one now and then 🤗

I've always tried to give some visual "feel" to my posts, it's isn't all about the finds. 🙂

• Like 5

I see a lot of sand blowing like that on "my" beaches too. Great shots of it , the rest of the places and the freighters passing by also.   It's all about location location and catching the right light , right?    

Nice pile of finds this hunt .  Shark teeth ARE cool , especially a silver one !

( I rode a freighter out to Nantucket once , gig at the Chicken Box ! They didn't book our equipment truck on the ferry so I caught a freighter outta Woods Hole ,,,,Arrrrrrrr in the winter and in the dark ! Th' fleet was IN !)     

• Haha 1