America The Beautiful And Why I Need Bottle Cap Rejection

A few weeks ago on my way to the dump I noticed a large gathering of people and a soccer game going on at a local park....next morning I was there with detector in hand early in the morning only to find this... Unfortunately this is becoming common place in the area where I live.

The last picture is one I took up in the foot hills..wish I had a video of it... I heard the chopper coming while I was taking a break at my truck.... it was making a Bee line right at me... as it got closer it started to rise up and I could see it had a cable underneath and I assumed it was a fire bucket but then I could see other cables and all of the sudden it came over the rise with a big giant Metal detector! It flew 50 feet right over me.... I had me deus 2 ear phones on and big scrambling noise happened lol...I really wish I had my phone on me because it was a sight to see...I looked it up and it appears they are mapping for water? By the time I got my phone and took the picture it was a couple miles away. 

strick 

thumbnail (21).jpeg

thumbnail (22).jpeg

thumbnail (23).jpeg

thumbnail (24).jpeg

thumbnail (20).jpeg

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 5

Strick,

I retired from the park and rec dept. and let me just say I’ve seen that sight so many times in the twenty five plus years I worked there. People can be…well, just imagine what I’m thinking and you’re probably right. lol  (hint: it’s not good) Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That's why people up here, don't like flatlands. I blame crappy parenting. I would have got smacked as a kid, for any litter. As a parent, I was same way with my kids.  Grrrr!

• Like 4

More than litter, they destoryed all the young trees as well. So sad to see, but par for the course these days unfortunately.

• Like 4

I've seen that picture at almost every outdoor show I did!    Except for the symphony gigs in my early days...                  Promoters are usually on the hook for cleanups like that. Good timing on your hunt !

Only bottle caps found ? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh ! That many slobs MUST have lost SOMETHING nice !!!

• Like 3

The crowd actually destroyed trees??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

The crowd actually destroyed trees??

california yo. pretty sure its quasi legal.

• Like 1

That's way more than your average ball game! Serious destruction of property, and should be some stiff fines, and maybe jail time! Thousands in damages! Gotta be on video somewhere, everything is these days!!🤬👎👎

• Like 4

There are landscape companies contracted to clean up the parks and they come the next morning and remove all the trash...except the bottle caps..those stay on the ground...as far as the trees go that park never had those small trees there...and I'm thinking maybe they were put there for the party to hang bling on...I don't know but what ever happened  it really disgusted me. Thats the oldest park in Antioch. The same thing happens on the beaches. 

strick 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2