So You Hate Wearing Masks

12 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Could always become a vegetarian.

Thanks for your contribution. 👍👊

I grew up as a vegetarian so did more than 16 years of my life before I had my first steak. Like I said I’m no raving greenie but do try to minimise my impact on the planet and show some respect!! 

JP

1 hour ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I try to be the same, I’m not going to micro manage every step I take for fear of walking on an ant but at the same time I will definitely not deliberately drive over a poisonous snake just because it’s on the road. When I buy meat I try not to cook excess amounts and I never leave anything on my plate, I always try not to waste any of it because an animal had to die so I could eat, that deserves my respect.

Being accountable for the impact you have on this world is something we all need to consider especially in this sanitised and washed world we humans have created. Which brings me back to prospecting, it keeps you grounded when you have to sweat a little and get your hands dirty. Am I a raving greenie? I don't think so, I’m just trying to be a responsible human being.

JP

I wish more people in this world would have this attitude. Instead of fighting stupid wars people should rather pick up a detector and go prospecting. Life is a gift and gold can be found if you are just trying hard. Not just the physical gold but also the gold that comes from a fulfilled life, while enjoying the beauty of nature, recognizing that all life forms should be respected, being a good dad (or mom) and making a difference for others. You are born naked and you will be buried in an old suit. Everything in between is up to you. 

GC

• Like 1

We have coyotes all over Georgia and in Atlanta. They can be shot and killed at any time by anyone as long as you are in a area where you can shoot firearms and the coyote season is open year round and you can hunt them at night. But you cannot poison basically any animals in Georgia.

16 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

We have coyotes all over Georgia and in Atlanta. They can be shot and killed at any time by anyone as long as you are in a area where you can shoot firearms and the coyote season is open year round and you can hunt them at night. But you cannot poison basically any animals in Georgia.

Timely thread… just last night at about 10:15 I went out with my little JRT to let him do his thing before going to bed. As I got to the bottom of my steps, I caught some movement in my peripheral which turned out to be a full grown mountain lion taking off at a fast trot. At least it ran off when it seen me…. I live inside an enclosed area of about 5 acres with the enclosure being a 6 ft. chain link fence with another couple feet of barbed wire around the top (boat/rv storage business). If it weren’t for the fence, I’d have to keep the dog on a leash or the coyotes around here would probably have gotten him a long time ago. At least a couple times a year, I’ll get a pack of them start yipping and yapping from all sides of the fence line which I think is their way of trying to goad my dog into finding a way to get outside the fence. When this has happened in the past I’ve fired off rounds in an effort to scare them off, but they don’t seem to mind and carry on their antics till they tire and give up. I’ll give them credit for being smart, because not once in the dozen or so times they’ve done this, have they gotten within range of any of the 6 flood lights that ring the fence line.

• Like 2

This what they used in West Australia way back. This is a mate that I gave it too that was with me when I found it under 2½ feet cap of caliche about 14 inches thick. A goanna was caught in it and dragged it into his borrow. I thought I was getting the "Foot of Faith" when I got through the hard rock. 😢

p1012436.thumb.JPG.922ff760ee0fb993047a8d2461518fcf.JPG

• Oh my! 2