1 hour ago, Againstmywill said:

...One target that was about 2 inches from the fence...

That's impressive!  I wonder if ellipticals with their tight front nose radius are in general better at operating close to metal than are round coils of similar area.  And if so, does it apply equally to concentrics and DD's?

You were rewarded for thinking outside the box.  Nice haul.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great hunt, I've been saying the 10x5 is great for what it does for a long time now. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found that the 10x5 gets me closer to the fence that the 11 inch coil does. I have even been able to go under the fence if it is about 3 inches off the ground with no problem.

I haven't found anything but new coins with it yet, but haven't given up hope yet. I have only been able to do any detecting but twice this year, and I know I will get a chance soon.

Good hunting and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice fence fishin' session and awesome finds! That 10x5" is amazing, it will pick out targets while sounding off on a pole or chainlink fence at the same time. It really raises the bar on the Equinox. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

it will pick out targets while sounding off on a pole or chainlink fence at the same time.

I agree with that. And the speed at which it goes to the next target is phenomenal, making the high recovery numbers on the Equinox act like they are like pro wrestlers...on muscle enhancing substances.💪

• Like 1

Interesting finds.  Looks like you found some "Tough Guy" wannabe gangbanger bling.  When I saw that TS, it made me think of T-Money.  Too bad it wasnt platinum and full of diamonds.  Good hunting.

• Thanks 1