Not Much Chat About Multi Frequencies

brys

have you noticed ,nobodys mentioned em

what progs have FMF and what are they ?and how do you choose which ones  on a new self proggy?

and what can they be ? and how deep can they  be ..does full metal no discrim   contain which 1s ?

curious as i have no d2   yet and yet to be convinced

1 hour ago, brys said:

have you noticed ,nobodys mentioned em

what progs have FMF and what are they ?and how do you choose which ones  on a new self proggy?

and what can they be ? and how deep can they  be ..does full metal no discrim   contain which 1s ?

curious as i have no d2   yet and yet to be convinced

You can go to the XP website and look at the deus II manual.  It will tell you all about programs and frequencies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

You can go to the XP website and look at the deus II manual.  It will tell you all about programs and frequencies.  

It doesnt explain in depth but does give baselines! 

I posted the above video but the reason you want multi-frequency is that for 1900s silver coins you need 4 kHz but for 1700-1800s small silver such as reales, half-dimes, seated dimes, etc you need 20 kHz. With the Deus 1 or Anfibio Multi you would first hunt in 4 kHz and then go back over the area in 20 kHz. Now you can hunt in both kHz at the same time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brys said:

if you make a good find    how dya know which frequ found it ?? for future reference

The Deus II uses weighted multi-frequency. It doesn't shoot 100% of the available signals into the ground and then read 100% of the signals from the ground. You can think of it as creating a new type of signal that has characteristics of all of the individual signals available and shooting that into the ground. Each program of the Deus II creates a different type of new, blended signal. 

The Whites V3i detector does shoot all frequencies into the ground and reads all frequencies, so it will report which frequency resulted in the hit. It's the only true multi-frequency machine I know. But they are out of business now. 

"Have you noticed ,nobody's mentioned 'em?"

Nobody's mentioned the frequencies ?
There was this thread, that you yourself posted on, featuring a Youtube video posted by a Russian Deus2 owner, showing the transmitted signals on an oscilloscope. I analysed the results, listing all the frequencies for the various modes:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/17500-deus-2-may-be-first-multi-freq-multi-freq-detector/

It doesn't seem to work now, I believe I know what happened... so I will re-post the info later.

The subject has been pretty much beat to death over the years on Minelab discussion pages. With the equinox, all we know is every MF range is 5-40 I believe with the addition of 4 as a single frequency option. At least with the D2, they state the specific range of each FMF program.  Here’s what really matters…it’s not just what frequencies are used in a specific program, it’s how the machine processes it all (frequencies and ground being major process components).  We’ll probably never know how most MF machines specifically process information, but at least XP gives us a good idea as to when/where each of their D2 factory programs should be used or at least should yield more favorable results.