Not Much Chat About Multi Frequencies

brys

On 4/23/2022 at 7:05 AM, Dug said:

but at least XP gives us a good idea as to when/where each of their D2 factory programs should be used or at least should yield more favorable results.

Minelab did exactly the same thing in the manual at the time of release. The frequency thing was literally beaten to death at the time on these forums. So for lots of us now that's an old subject, not some bright new thing XP came up with. The key is experimentation with settings on your own ground and your own targets, to learn what works best for you.

Multi-IQ Explained

Equinox - What Mode to Use and Where

My own D2 just showed up. :smile:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab did exactly the same thing in the manual at the time of release. The frequency thing was literally beaten to death at the time on these forums. So for lots of us now that's an old subject, not some bright new thing XP came up with. The key is experimentation with settings on your own ground and your own targets, to learn what works best for you.

Multi-IQ Explained

Equinox - What Mode to Use and Where

My own D2 just showed up. :smile:

I know you don't intend to do a review on the D2, Steve, but I do look forward to any insights you wish to share along the way. 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I know you don't intend to do a review on the D2, Steve, but I do look forward to any insights you wish to share along the way. 🙂

Agree 100% !!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 8:18 AM, PimentoUK said:

My PC is not a super up-to-date one, that kind of stuff probably won't work. Pretty soon, it will fail to handle YouTube completely, I regularly get warnings about it.

a little off topic Mr.PimentoUK is that I have heard that all detectors can only output 5 volts maximum as directed by the FCC. do you know anything about this or is it urban legend? thanks

3 hours ago, martygene said:

I have heard that all detectors can only output 5 volts maximum as directed by the FCC.

I think the answer is in the following (fresh) post by new member PSPR:

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2022 at 11:18 AM, PimentoUK said:

So, here's my frequency analysis post resurrected, plus an additional Youtube video on the topic:

A poster on the Geotech1 forum found this Youtube video, showing a 'scope examination of the coil drive voltage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2AYJp2uH2U

It's not really worth watching, it's dull and nerdy, and in Russian or Ukranian, I just included it so you know I'm not making stuff up ...

So it's broadly similar to the Equinox / DFX , forcing complex square-edged signals onto the transmit coil.
I have no idea what Mr. Youtuber is saying, so I just observed what was shown, and interpreted it from an engineers view.
The modes:
P1 : General
P2 : Sensitive
P3 : Sens FT
P4 : Fast
P8 : GoldField
P12 : Beach; all run at 8.08 kHz & 40.4 kHz, a 1:5 ratio.
-----
P5 : Park
P9 : Relic
P11 : Beach; all run 8.08 kHz & 24.24 kHz, a 1:3 ratio.
-----
P6 : Deep HC
P10 : Dive; both run 4.76 kHz & 14.3 Khz, a 1:3 ratio ( not unlike the Fisher CZ range, but a different waveform shape )
-----
P7 : Mono, does what you'd expect, a single freq square-wave, just like the Equinox.

It looks like P6 / P10 run a three-level waveform, possibly to reduce power consumption, obviously important for a coil with a small internal battery.

How they process the freqs is of course the important bit. It's probably safe to say the GoldField mode is going to emphasise the 40 kHz. And the Deep HC will be using the 4.76 kHz as it's dominant one, to target the milled copper/silver coins.

Another Youtube video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QgAVNWaDD4 

Did a Russian to English translation (available on YouTube) and the guy states the wave form frequencies are the same for programs 1 through 4. No difference. He also mentioned the oscillogram of the Equinox and the Deus 2 are very similar.
Time stamp 1.10 and 3.16.

He also mentioned the possibility of doing a more detailed video of the programs at a later time.
Anyway, reading all the translations give a good understanding of what he is saying.

• Like 1