Rye Patch Nevada - Dreams, Adventure, Failure & A Little Gold. - Long Read

21 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Happy Hunting folks and we look forward to another eventful and fun filled session coming up in June.

Awesome write up, Gerry. Always inspiring! I agree with your comments about the 6k being the RP king, but to be fair it all depends on how you are using the 7000 and on how experienced you are with this machine. An expert 7000 user who knows all the settings inside out will be equally successful at RP IMO, especially with the NF Zsearch coil, unless in wet saturated conditions where the 6k/14DD will steel the show. 

GC

• Like 2

Nice write up Gerry. I was hunting not too far from you that same weekend. Good to see most people in your class was able to pull gold.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Awesome write up, Gerry. Always inspiring! I agree with your comments about the 6k being the RP king, but to be fair it all depends on how you are using the 7000 and on how experienced you are with this machine. An expert 7000 user who knows all the settings inside out will be equally successful at RP IMO, especially with the NF Zsearch coil, unless in wet saturated conditions where the 6k/14DD will steel the show. 

GC

Gold Catcher,  I have yet to get one of the aftermarket coil for the GPZ-7000 as I don't like the idea of voiding my warranty.  As for factory shipped vs factory shipped it not close at all.  Now I would like to do a comparison for a day on undug targets just to know for a fact.  I'll never go back to the GPZ-7000 though at RP as the GPX-6000 is just heaps lighter and easier to swing and handle.  In the few areas I need the extra depth of the GPZ-7000 for really big gold, I'm certain the stock coils with it are most ideal.  If you happen to be around Rp this coming June, maybe we hook up for a day and compare some nuggets.

On a side note, I see the long thread of GPX-6000 issues and you folks know I've posted on that thread before, but I would like to say that of the 7 GPX-6000's I listened to were all good operation with no issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

If you happen to be around Rp this coming June, maybe we hook up for a day and compare some nuggets.

Looking forward to it, Gerry. The 6k is my every day detector and the best overall product, all things considered, that ML has ever made (IMHO). My 7000 is long out of warranty but since the NF Zsearch is a ML endorsed coil I speculate ML would still honor the detector warranty, even if I still had one. Interesting question though. I suppose the same will be true for the 6000 when the Coiltek and NF coils come out. Because they will be ML approved ML should still cover the detector warranties, even though you would then be using after market coils. The NF Zsearch is a huge upgrade for the 7000, I am in Rob's camp in this regard. Well, for that price it better be. 😉

Best,

GC

• Like 2

Great blow-by-blow account of the weekend, amigo; good times as always!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

That mud hole is the only thing left of Rye Patch Reservoir which happens to be the lowest I've ever seen in my 25 yrs.

Excellent report, Gerry.  Was anyone detecting in the currently dry reservoir bed or is that off-limits?  (I assume your class was at the burn-barrel, as usual.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Excellent report, Gerry.  Was anyone detecting in the currently dry reservoir bed or is that off-limits?  (I assume your class was at the burn-barrel, as usual.)

I've never detected that low but I did notice in a few areas quite a bit of heavier rock material which would be great for catching nuggets.  We did the burn barrel again.